Monday, February 23, 2009

PWNing it.

Oh-- having a little too much fun with the dogtags, but too bad. Some are trash but-- y'know, experimenting. (Remember you can click any of these pics for a bigger, better view)
I like "EFF EFF EFF" and "FDL STX", also "BOO" "WEE" and "UGLY"-- what a provocative word. (Scott Westerfield's book "Uglies" really makes you think about it.) "EFF ITY F" is a keeper, and I did a couple potential pet ones-- "WOOF YO" and "ME OW". Some of the best people are animals.

I like the idea of mixing them up. Tomorrow I'll do some more. I like "BOO RDLY" and "STAY GOLD" -- or "STY GLD"?, and really really like "NOT SCRD". If anyone has any good ones comment it up puh-leeze.

Birch sculpture-- pwned baby-- I think. I need to hang out with it a few days and look at it to be sure. I always want to keep filling, but these guys are all about negative space. I might email them a pic tomorrow and see what they think.

This is art, not monkey bars, and these welds aren't super strong, but they're solid (wiggle and yank tested), and pretty sweet if I do say so myself.

I likes it. I'll have to keep looking at it for a while though. Normally I'd wash it up outside and scrub all the welds w/ a toothbrush and let the edges all rust. No hose right now. Considering hauling it to the manual car wash in town. I can always rust it up a little w/ spray bottles.

I don't know if I fell into a wormhole today or looked at the clock wrong or just actually pwned the hell out of my run, but it was a fast one yo. Pam says when I am in front and go down hills it's like I have a rocket on my back. I have pretty limber hip felxors and several gears, and sometimes just windmill it out. On flats and down hills I keep telling myself, "this isn't costing you anything-- just go for it." Uphills it's usually more about not screwing up the trail right now for the bikes. Sometimes I kind of hop it up the side edges. Anyway, felt good, plus met a couple of kitty hat fans from the trail forum so that was cool.

Almost totally done with this pass of revision and I'm liking it big time. I know that's not very Midwestern of me-- liking my own work etc, but-- I did grow up mainly in Montreal. Whatever. I'm super into it. One more pass and it's out to betas (people read for you to give you feedback).

That's all the fascinating SueNews for now. Later peeps.

8 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

I must have a tag. Or five. Please give ordering information.

When are you going to suffer an awesome-overload?

Hopefully never.

Anonymous said...

Love the dog tags and THAT BIRCH SCULPTURE IS MADE OF WIN. Made of it, I say! MADE!

Unknown said...

Heidi hick--

The fun thing about the tags is I keep "picking mine out". I like them so they're still fun to make. We'll see how I feel after several dozen more.
When it gets closer to the show I'll fire up the art blog again and have info about ordering etc if you're serious. :)

Courtney--

Thanks BB!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are so totally on the front burner!
I LOVE the birches and the tags...and I'm glad the revision is still going great.
My ideas for a tag:
2 FRKN RITE
LFT OF CNTR
and thanks to Heidi:
AWSM OVRLOD

Emily Hainsworth said...

Personally, I am a huge fan of PWN IT. :D

See to me, since I'm an adoptive Coloradan, those look like Aspen trees...I can almost see the leaves quaking in the wind. Absolutely stunning.

Unknown said...

Lynn--
OMG-- love LFT OF CTR & you're right-- AWSM OVR LOD pwns too!

Emily--
Thanks! I'm surrounded by oaks and maples and only a few birches here (plus-- it's winter yo). Glad to hear I nailed 'em. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the birches! My husband just informed me what "slag" means. Cool!
Have a Happy Day! Did you get anymore lacies?
Theresa Rose (Trader Joes)

Unknown said...

Hi Theresa--
I've kept my face out of the Lacey's for-- idk-- over a month now? (I think I'm finally cured)
Glad hubs cleared it up for you. Back in Oct I did a post called "What a tool" that explained it all too. I had kind of a battle with urban dictionary for a while, and the Britts.
;)