It took FOREVER to cut and finish all the leaves and birds, and there are a bazillion tiny welds all over it. I do really like it though. If it weren't such a monster I'd haul it up to our bedroom and put it over the bed so I could enjoy it every night before I go to sleep. I love it.
Hopefully someone else will (love it), enough to pay the hefty price tag. At this gallery they help me price the work because they know what stuff is selling for (art-wise) and I don't even have cable (not in tune with people who have enough $ to buy art) and suck at math (my accounting system is to throw all my receipts in a drawer and hope I come out in the black when the guy does my taxes at the end of the year). I'm guessing this one will be expensive because of how much went into it, and it is pretty awesome.Yesterday T Pam and I went for a road ride in Minneapolis again. We're getting really used to city traffic now which is good for the Urban Assault ride next weekend. Once again we encountered roadie spandex guys. We were on their tails and they blew a red to get away from us, but we caught them by the next light. They were really trying to create a big gap, kept looking back to see where we were. We kept catching them even though we were stopping for lights and they weren't. Finally we were coasting on their back wheels and they were pedaling and couldn't escape and decided to turn off.
It felt pretty hard though yesterday. I haven't had time to ride or run for about 4 days. I could really feel how my lungs hadn't been fully inflated for a while. This week I need to try to get something in every day, even though I'm still NUTTY busy getting ready for the show.
In querying, got a no back from one of the "need more time" people, but with a referral for another agent so not a total "you suck, go away" no.
That's it here. Sorry this is so boring. Back to work!
8 comments:
OMG THAT IS GORGEOUS
I WANTZ IT; PRESHUS!!!!
That is very cool. I love the little bird. Yeah, that must have been a gillian welds!
I love that you guys keep chasing and passing other riders. :)
Time to make those racing shirts up Sue. I am glad you got out and had some fun. Just reading about all you do makes my head spin. Your artwork is beautiful and so are you. Best of luck with the show. Wish I could be there to cheer you on.
JKB-
Thanks bb!
Struggling-
Thanks- numbers = not my strong suit, but yeah, somewhere in the jillions.
I have a feeling to the wider world everything isn't a giant competition, but TPam and I keep racing everyone anyway. Us = legends in our own minds.
Canopy looks great! It would look really cool over a bed. It sounds like you and Pam have really been working it. I'm jealous of your super power.
I don't think you're supposed to be practicing for the UAR Sue. I mean, I haven't even looked at the list of locations yet, let alone a map! Ha ha ha! No seriously. I haven't... Do you think I should? Hopefully the Hippie can navigate, otherwise we'll be following you around. :)
...if we can keep up!
Mary-
Thanks. :) Your jealousy is unfounded tho-- you = superstar.
Rich-
Yeah, that's just how lame I am. I'm certain no one is this anxious about this thing except ME. We vacillate between "this is just for fun right?" & " let's just not be dead last", & hilariously-- "We must dominate!!!"
If you haven't scoped anything out could be interesting. Some Mpls streets are like riding the fricking MOON, and there are 1-ways to consider- which you aren't allowed to violate...
Post a Comment