Thursday, September 24, 2009

One Week To Go---CRAZY!

Hey people. This groovy lookin' dude is Mason Jennings-- local musician (he hit town the day after Curt Cobain died, loved The Cities, loved the music scene, never looked back), and it would seem from his recent "Theft of the Dial" appearance on The Current-- all around cool guy.

He's this week's featured Fav Music Friday artist for several reasons-- first of all, he just put out a new album that totally kicks, & we have the same hair apparently.

(Here is mine "in the wild"-- although this isn't totally true-- as you can see I couldn't bear to not subdue my bangs. I've spent half my waking hours trying to bend this dumb hair to my will. I guess if you're a guy you can get away with just being all "whatever" about it.) (Am jealous.)

Also, we both live and work in the beautiful Minnesota woods. Seriously-- if you were ever curious about my natural habitat-- this is it. Lastly, we both have the exact same shirt. Exact. Except last year I got ink all over mine and had to ditch it. Now I'm more bummed than ever.


Anyway-- Check out this cool little film where he sings a little, talks about making music, and hangs out in a gorgeous woods. This would be perfect lunch time viewing IMO.




One last thing-- Here is a little vid they put up on the Urban Assault Ride site showing clips of the race in other cities. You know how I have that thing where I get all restless and pent-up and when I'm like that nothing is ever nutty enough for me? It looks like something will finally be beyond all my batshit crazy dreams of nuttiness.



Of course there WILL be a full report next week. If I'm still alive.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, welcome to the Gun Show. Look at those muscles :)

Second, the hair looks nice and I would kill for either yours or that dude's hair.

Good luck with everything and have a nice weekend.

Kim Smith said...

It's like like so great that you like have the same like kind of hair. If he starts wearing that color polish he is off my play list tho. Glad his songs don't have as many "likes" as his sentences. I am feeling a little pent up myself. Maybe been reading your blog too long. Need to push off some steam somewhere. hmmmm

Unknown said...

Strugging--
I guess "rasslin" with my weird-ass hair builds strength. (?) I would kill for his hair aplomb. (Can say the word "aplomb" perfectly today btw. Thanks stupid cold.)

Kim-
At first I was LIKE-- "oh crap! Did I continually go-- "like like likety like?" hahaha That polish is to go with "The Finger Twist Of Doom"'s (team name) rad purple and black outfits. Normally I don't even wear it, but if I did it would trend towards browns.