Hey People. I'm all amped up and feelin' fighty today-- in a good way. Yesterday I was really psyched to have an agent ask to see my whole novel after reading the first chapter. I'd only just sent my query over lunch and a couple hours later he got right back to me, and this guy is GOOD. He reps one of the biggest YA authors out there right now. Of course I blabbed all about it right away on Facebook and Twitter, and TONS of my friends weighed in giving me cyber high fives.
It made me feel so great (hugs self). Earlier in the day a couple other friends also chimed in on some art stuff, saying how much they like my work or telling me I'm awesome for being all creative etc. Even last night a mountain bikey pal complimented my riding efforts. Man, when people acknowledge you it really does make a difference. I love my friends and love having their backs on stuff and cheering them on too. I'm so lucky to know so many cool people!
Today's music pick is for you pals-- Eels "Prizefighter" makes you feel like you can do anything, and is a great declaration of friendship. "~Mmmwah~"
Now go forth and be awesome. Make a point of telling someone today what about them lights you up. Spread those vibes people. WOO!
Friday, September 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Damn, I want a beard like that! You are so awesome Sue, you really know how to make people feel special. :D
Wow, you need to play the lottery, with the run you are on.
Josh-
Like the addition of "the incredible". Mayhaps I should consider becoming "Awseome Sue"...
My peeps ARE special- & you're one bud.
Struggling-
I know I'm lucky-- but I chase what I want too, on all levels. :)
Now that's a tune you can dance too! We will all be able to say we knew you when - before you become the next JK Rowlings!!!!! Good luck and best wishes with the book.
Oh, I'm not saying your success is luck. Still, who couldn't do with a couple extra million, right?
Kim--
HA! Still a long ways from actually having an agent- not to mention the thing being published & selling. But thanks!
Struggling--
I knew what you meant. :) I'll take luck too! I'd be okay with some lottery $ (or any other kind).
I'm watching and learning. You are such a hard worker! With so many irons in the fire, so to speak.
Oh man...I would have taken your call in Yellowstone for this one!
Mary-
You're just holding different irons. :)
WritewhereIam--
Thanks Lynn-- and thanks for the postcards! Glad you're having fun!
Wow, good luck with the agent. It means two things: your query is strong and your opening is strong. Even if it fails with this agent at this point, you know you're getting close!
Post a Comment