Hey people. The Beatles entire catalog was re-released this month-- cleaned-up digitally remastered shiny new versions. I've been listening to some of their stuff while working this week and it really holds up. No duh right? It's the effing Beatles! But seriously, when you start listening to their stuff, it's not only the sheer volume of music-- which is staggering. It's that their songs are just so damned GOOD.
It got me thinking about how many artists they've influenced. TONS I'm sure. What an amazing legacy. Enjoy "Nine in the afternoon" By panic at the disco. If you don't detect a Beatles influence here- you need a refresher course.
In other SueNews:
I've been working double shifts getting ready for my show in (gulp) less than two weeks-- well, I have to deliver in less than 2 weeks. I really barely know what freaking day it is. They have all melded into one endless uber day of welding and cutting. And then more welding.
I'm super stressed and having freaky dreams. Last night the classic-- "No- you're supposed to deliver everything TODAY!" dream. Yipes. So. Not. Ready. Also a really random one about getting in a huge screaming match with an Arby's manager because my sister started eating her giant roast beef sandwich before we got done paying. (For some reason she was kind of street urchin-y and it was up to me to keep her fed-- the whole family actually.) She was on that sandwich like a grizzly bear and I was like, "HEY--SHE'S HUNGRY A-HOLE!" (then a bunch of death threats etc.) This was esp weird because I have never in my life eaten at Arby's, and neither me or sis eat meat. Also I would probably not ever do that. Probably. Unless the person was a really big jerk. Or trying to take away my sister's sandwich.
To top it off, the last 3 nights, just as I'm going to sleep-- swear to God-- a giant gun blast goes off right next to my head (obvs this is not Dan actually discharging rounds right there in the bedroom, but it sounds totally real and SUPER loud) and I jump like, a mile and am then wide awake for at least another half hour. WTH subconscious?
Today my pals are getting to go play and I have to stay home and work (I know, hands you a tissue to wipe away single tear). I was supposed to go to the Junk Bonanza with them. We planned it for literally months. Last year I got my rockin' fringe jacket there. But, work man. (sniff)
Tell me your freaky dreams and tales of woe. Commiserate yo.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I keep having the dream where I am trying to get ready to race, but I can't find all my race gear. It's like, two minutes to the start of the race and I can't find my shoes or my front wheel or something. I have never made the start of a race in my dreams yet. I miss it EVERY time because I'm not ready and can't find something.
I've had a few panic moments in real life in this scenario. The last one was two weeks ago. I rolled up to the starting line a little behind schedule because I wanted a longer warmup. On the way there I noticed my handlebars were a bit crooked, so I decided to straighten them. Just as I got all the bolts loose to adjust it, I hear the announcer say, "Less than one minute to the start of the race!" Crap! Less than one minute! This is a five minute job! %$#!%$ To make a short story long, I worked uber-quickly and finished with 5 seconds to spare. That got the blood pumping...
Rich-
I DETEST being late. Geeze, the beginning of a race is anxiety producing enough when all is going well, I can't imagine scrambling to get something fixed last minute! Did you totally pwn the race the from being all rev'd up?
Your repeating nightmare reminds me of my own about being so sucky at math I flunk-out of H.S. "Everyone will find out I'm secretly a giant dumb-ass!" (bites nails) Have had it since- surprise, nearly flunking-out of H.S.
Several of us were comparing dream notes at the RMFW conference last weekend, and almost everyone had some sort of "oh my God I'm not ready" dream. Two of the agents were former high school band members and still dream that the band is on the field playing and they can't find their instrument. I dream I'm at a rodeo, my event is starting, and I either haven't even saddled my horse yet, or can't find the damn thing. Which actually happened to someone I know, but that's whole 'nother story.
KariLynn Dell
Montana For Real
Kari Lynn--
The "not ready" thing must be totally universal. Misplacing an entire horse would def be a stresser too!
Just a quick comment here. I heard the digitally remastered Beatles stuff is worth buying. If I could just find an extra $200 lying around somewhere...
Gaaah.
Don't get me started on crazy dreams right now. It seems lik every time I shut my eyes I'm having something crazy happen.
I am so excited to see your stuff for the art show! Are you gonna post it on your art blog?
Struggling--
I'll have to settle for my uploaded cd's. With my "stereo" (a cheap boom box) I doubt I could tell the diff in sound quality anyway. :)
JKB--
I know! This morning I'm exhausted from all my middle of the night hijinx (while asleep!)
Yes-- there will be picks. Probably on both blogs.
Post a Comment