Monday, September 14, 2009

Overwhelmed

Hey people. Tons going on right now. My energy is generally up, but kind of all over the place. I've begun querying again, and writing- but haven't managed to carve out much time. In the evenings I've made an hour or two to look over the two stories I'm revamping, but by the time I get done working and riding I'm pretty tired.

I'm really feeling the pressure of the show right now. It's different getting ready for a gallery show. Other people's incomes depend on how well you do. Your career depends on how well you do. If the show bombs there's a chance you won't get asked back, or at the very least, won't be given a primo spot on the calendar.

I've got a bunch of unfinished artwork staring at me out in the shop. My head is stuffed with ideas and I know from the past these last- gulp- 17 days I will be in overdrive and will get an amazing amount done, but yipes.

It's a weird feeling. I have family and friend obligations that stress me out even though I'm looking forward to them and know they're important. I know I can't give up my hour or two of activity a day (usually riding the trail lately) or I'll lose it. Meanwhile there is this pressure building in me of all the work waiting to be brought into physical form from inside my head.

The only way to alleviate it is to get my butt out there and get welding. So that's what I'm going to do. Have a good day people. Send me some good vibes.

10 comments:

Gary Corby said...

You're in the zone. It's the magic state people strive for. Enjoy!

Linda Thiltgen said...

The magic happens now!! Good luck my friend. Looking forward to a little time off with you later this week, but if you feel like it's too much pressure, we can pass. Let me know.

Can't wait to see what's lying within the beautiful steel I've seen in this post! Cheers

Kim Smith said...

We all have these huge internal struggles. Your heart knows what is truly important so follow it. Sending you all the wonderful vibes I can today.

Unknown said...

Yup, I am right there with you.

Maery Rose said...

I wish I had been a cheerleader. I'd pull out the pom poms and jump around a little. Alas, I was on danceline so you'll have to settle for a punch kick move. Go Sue! Oops, I think I pulled something...

Unknown said...

Gary--
You're right! I could have no ideas!
Counting my blessings!

Linda-
Pulling a few double to make fri happen. Fingers crossed!

Kim-
Thanks for the vibes! I'll take 'em!

Jamie- yeah, I KNOW you are. I'm not officially out of all food. Expect a call.

Mary-
I was more the flicking butts at the cheerleaders and glaring at them w/ my black eyeliner type- but I love your kung-fu fightin' moves! Hi--YAAAAAA! Bust 'em out girl!

Anonymous said...

Sounds busy, but I know you can do it.

"It's a weird feeling. I have family and friend obligations that stress me out even though I'm looking forward to them and know they're important." - totally know how that is.

An hour or two of writing is a huge amount of time for writing in my book. Excellent!

Lynn Fisher said...

...that's a funny image...Mary, Linda and I at your studio with pom poms, cheering you on as you weld!!! Go Sue, go!!
Good luck Sue...fire away!

Unknown said...

Struggling--
I guess that's how everyone manages to do it huh? I'm spoiled from having great swaths of time on the past.

Lynn-
That would be cool- albeit a tad distracting. ;)

DangerJosh said...

Good Vibes!!!!
In the pic with your fuel tank, the tree is really similar to a tattoo idea I have! :D