Sunday, December 21, 2008

Brrr

OK people-- it's -35 below zero outside today with the wind. Who ON EARTH would want to go out in this kind of weather?-- Oh-- Dan. He's gotten it into his head he wants to move some stuff into my new shop. Like any sane person, I'm opposed to this idea. His last comment before leaving the house-- "I will not be a prisoner in my own home!"

Yes, we laughed and laughed, and then he went outside anyway.

The cats attempted a not very hostile, actually pretty sleepy take-over of my office earlier. They've been relocated to make room for my butt.

The other day these guys came to visit.

(Dan just came in. When I teased him about being cold he threatened to change into shorts. Yeah. He put on a full face mask and went out again. Now, being a guy, he can't come in for at least an hour or I win.)

Anyway-- They ate some of my shrubs. That kind of sucks, but a deer's gotta make a living too.

So cute. How could I mind? I am so bummed I missed the pic of them on my deck looking in my patio doors. I swear if I'd opened the door they'd have walked right into the kitchen.

In other wintry news-- fell asleep the other night with a piece of Dove foil wrapped chocolate in bed with me. Yeah. Not pretty. Let's just say if I ever again in my life see sheets that look like that, they better smell as chocolaty good as those did.

I'm very surprised it didn't give me dreams about making out with the cookies I've been obsessing over daily-- and by daily I mean several times a day-- peanut blossoms (those peanut butter ones with a Hershey's kiss in the middle.) I have resisted the urge to make them, because I'd have to eat a bunch of them, then I'd have to eat the rest to destroy the evidence of how many I ate to begin with. The freezing cold temps are already making me fat enough-- removing running from the equation. AssFat keeps following me around snickering and smirking, plus, getting very stir crazy.

The Dove-plosion did give me a genius idea for Christmas dinner though-- every year I make chocolate fondue for dessert. This year-- 3 flavors-- regular, extra dark, and Mexican!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Ahhhhh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, had a moment there. Dan's reaction to "The Incident"-- "God, that's like something that would happen to some fat person on Biggest Loser or something!"

Me-- "You would do well to think back to your youth, when you were like, 15. Remember how remote the possibility seemed you would ever be in the immediate vicinity of a half-naked woman? Yeah-- and now you have one of your very own, right under your roof... Might not want to blow your all access pass."

Yeah. That's what I thought.
Stay warm people.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They might of just walked right into your house...sampled the peanut blossums and cuddled with the cats...and you say ass fat like it's a bad thing.
Best of Holidays to ya!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, love those pictures. And also "Doveplosion" totally needs to be a word. But only in reference to Dove Chocolate related accidents, because it may inspire another visual that isn't all that pleasant now that I think of it...

Unknown said...

Lynn-- In my case, it is. Maybe yours is cute and has a charming pithy sense of humor, but mine is straight-up evil!

Courtney-- I know. I had that image also after I wrote it. What could be more Christmas-y and magical than a beautiful white dove exploding mid-air? Yes-- Chocolate "Dove-plosions" only!

Alex Moore said...

oh that's too funny. made me laugh out loud :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by Alex. glad I could give you a laugh. :)