Unsilent night is a boom box parade that occurs nation-wide in December every year. The idea is a spin off of caroling. People stroll through their various cities ensconced in a bubble of haunting, ethereal, wordless, peaceful, music. The four distinct compositions, played on dozens of boom boxes, merge and flow around each other as the group moves along. I've heard the effect is completely mesmerising. The events are held in a number of cities. There's even one in Toronto.
Check out their site for more info. Sadly, I wasn't on top of this enough this year. I think all the scheduled dates are past, but the music is available to download (purchase) and you could always round up some pals and hold your own parade.
This idea is so cool! Twin cities-- where are you? Step up man!
Tomorrow for Weird Wed I'll have some bad Santa's for you, but after that posts will become infrequent. Sis and the kiddies hit town and I've got a lot of rough-housing and corrupting to catch-up on.
If you miss me-- I'll be tweeting on Twitter, because, basically, I can't stop myself. If you don't know what I'm talking about go to the upper right of my actual blog and click. Better yet-- join up yourself and we can keep up with each other.
0 comments:
Post a Comment