The disturbia is coming, stay tuned, but first I just had to share a proud moment.
Talked to sis yesterday and she informed me Meg has been ordered by her school to stop using the phrase "holy" anything. No more "Holy Frijoles" (pronounced "frih-hole-ay's" w/o an accent)-- (I've been trying to get this to be a "thing", for like, two years BTW), no more saying, "Oh! Holy Cow!" in the voice of Apu from the Simpson's, No "holy effing whatever"-- Ok, the last one is certainly nothing she's said so far, but you get the picture. Anyway, sniff, so proud.
Adorable -- no? Her shirt says, "If you think i'm cool you should see my Aunt".Yeah, I bought it-- that's right. What?
Ok, today's disturbia was submitted by designer pal Jamie who keeps several creative blogs you can get to through the one down on my blog list-- "ideas and inspirations". Thanks Jamie!
I'm not familiar with artist Meryl Smith, but clearly she's got a grip on the whole "compellingly weird" vibe some of us appreciate. I find a lot of this very inspiring actually, despite, or maybe even because of- its disturbing quality. It's kind of dream scape-ish.
There's a link at the top for somewhere called "the selby store"-- which looks like somewhere I'd hang out for sure-- but to really get the full effect from this post YOU MUST check out her blog. When I saw her halloween costumes I laughed my ass off, felt ashamed for a few seconds, then went right ahead and laughed some more.
Tomorrow buddy Linda and I will be returning to Buffalo to scope out cool old junky stuff and look for more distrubia.
To everyone who's been weighing in on my query pitch-- THANK YOU! - and, I'm still taking input, so let's keep that going on the comments thread from "round two". Super helpful! You guys are awesome!
I'm not familiar with artist Meryl Smith, but clearly she's got a grip on the whole "compellingly weird" vibe some of us appreciate. I find a lot of this very inspiring actually, despite, or maybe even because of- its disturbing quality. It's kind of dream scape-ish.
There's a link at the top for somewhere called "the selby store"-- which looks like somewhere I'd hang out for sure-- but to really get the full effect from this post YOU MUST check out her blog. When I saw her halloween costumes I laughed my ass off, felt ashamed for a few seconds, then went right ahead and laughed some more.
Tomorrow buddy Linda and I will be returning to Buffalo to scope out cool old junky stuff and look for more distrubia.
To everyone who's been weighing in on my query pitch-- THANK YOU! - and, I'm still taking input, so let's keep that going on the comments thread from "round two". Super helpful! You guys are awesome!
2 comments:
Oh my gosh, as if you didn't crack me up enough already!
I think we should have an unguided tour of that garden. She's definitely got weird down to an art. Seriously. Genius. That uh, costume... inside the bear? HOly crap I just sniggered in an evil way.
huh. Holy. Holy holy holy take that school!
Hey Heidi--hee hee-- When you aren't flat out amazing me you're cracking me up too.
I KNOW! -- I love finding proof that refutes my mother's claim that i am one of the weirdest people on the planet. See Mom? -- SEE?
"Holy buckets" is also extremely popular thanks to her aunt. ;D
Post a Comment