Playlist doesn't have this week's pick, so, scroll all the way to bottom for the video version.
Remember to get the full effect you should listen as you check the lyrics out. This song is SO timely, given what's been going down at the senate hearings concerning the bailout of the automakers. It goes to show how effed up this industry has been for a really long time now. This song came out TEN YEARS AGO! It rawks, and leave it to Jack White to use "obsolescence" and reference Preston Tucker in one of his songs. Why not, Tesla, Revelations, redneck patricide-- Nothing's off the table in his lyrics, or should be, right creative types?
In other Sue-news:
Still working on #2, working title-- "Munched". Same cast as #1. Some guy is snatching street kids and feeding them to his tiger. Before killing them though, he entertains himself by hunting them down in his own private, psycho, game preserve. Dianna and her ghosts help solve the case.
This weekend, possibly starting to move some of my welding equipment into my new shop, maybe. Also, writing, maybe cleaning (shudder), definitely jamming out, and going to Grandma's 94th birthday party.
She says it still sometimes freaks her out to catch her reflection and see how old she is. It will be weird aging. I plan on living into my 120's. I used to think, "Well, I'll never be any younger or hotter than I am right now." That hasn't proven out. I feel younger, am in better shape, and reportedly am much hotter (Of course, Dan pretty much has to go along with this or his action dies off pretty quick. ;) ) than when I used to say that, like 10 years ago- er- about when this song came out. Wow-- TM Sue Related I!
Enjoy the song. Enjoy your weekend. Remember to shake it at some point-- keeps you young.
The Big # Killed My Baby
By The White Stripes
The big three killed my baby
No money in my hand again
The big three killed my baby
Nobody’s coming home again
Their ideas make me wanna spit
A hundred dollars goes down the pit
Thirty-thousand wheels a rollin’
And my stick shift hands are swollen
Everything involved is shady
The big three killed my baby
yeah yeah yeah
The big three killed my baby
No money in my hand again
The big three killed my baby
Nobody’s comin’ home again
Why don’t cha take the day off and try to repair
A billion others don't seem to care
Better ideas are stuck in the mud
The motor's runnin’ on Tucker's blood
Dont let 'em tell you the future's electric
Cuz gasoline not measured in metric
Thirty-thousand wheels a spinnin’
And oil company faces are grinnin’
And now my hands are turnin’ red
And i found out my baby is dead
yeah yeah yeah
The big three killed my baby
No money in my hand again
The big three killed my baby
Nobody's comin’ home again
Well I've said it now
Nothing’s changed
People are burnin’ for pocket change
And creative minds are lazy
And the big three killed my baby
yeah yeah yeah
And my baby's my common sense
So don’t feed me planned obsolescence
And my baby's my common sense
Yeah I’m about to have another blow-out (2x)
0 comments:
Post a Comment