Thursday, December 18, 2008

Gimme Chills


I likes me some scary stories. This cover sucked me in last year but it wasn't the thrill I'd expected. I write about ghosts, so don't spook easily. I'll soon be ready to take on another book (I go through them pretty fast), and am looking for recommendations.

I decided what I write is probably YA, although I think of mine as more 16 and up than 14 and up, and would love to read some other really good YA. Courtney Summers' "Cracked Up To Be" will be out soon and that's already on my list-- and don't bother mentioning "Twilight"- already drank that koolaide.

What's the scariest thing you've read? -- and/or the best YA? Shoot me some suggestions-- and hey, just discovered Goodreads-- a place to network and discuss books- so sign up and friend me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

16+ up is still YA! And I hope you like CUTB when you read it. :) And hee, hee, hee. I'm glad you already drank the Twilight koolaide.

A scary story I absolutely loved was The Thing on the Doorstep by HP Lovecraft!!! Best YA... this year, try I Know It's Over by C.K. Kelly Martin and Skin Deep by E.M. Crane. Amazing stuff.

Emily Hainsworth said...

Well, if you've discovered Gaiman then you need to march out RIGHT NOW and buy The Graveyard Book...........srsly, what are you still doing here? GO!!!!

Also, good YA reads recently: WAKE by Lisa McMann, THIRTEEN REASONS WHY by Jay Asher (bring tissues), WICKED LOVELY by Melissa Marr, oh and TITHE by Holly Black.

Oh, and ANYTHING SCOTT WESTERFELD EVER WROTE. EVER.

Unknown said...

Courtney- I know I will. (I got to preview the beginning on her site and it's good people-- order yours today!) Thanks for the rec's!

Emily- Glad you mentioned "Graveyard Bk", I looked it up by was turned away by middle grade. On your say-so adding it back to my list. I've been thinking about "13 reasons", but the others are new to me-- thanks!