In other SueNews:
The other night when I finished showering, having dabbed my face numerous time over the course of said shower, THIS was on my towel!
That's a quarter folks! That thing was a frigging tarantella! If this was some elaborate ruse on Dan's part to get me to flee the bathroom in terror and leap around naked-- well played my friend. Of course I squealed like a total girl for Dan to rescue me. Later, heart rate still somewhere in the stratosphere, I said, "Sucks to be the guy sometimes huh?" (I made him take it way out into the woods to set it free.) and asked to feel his big muscles. He uttered something manly like, "Twernt nothin' 'm'am."Seriously, if he hadn't been around I'd have had to seal that room off like some kind of time capsule. It would have been dead to me.
Added the fourth and final section of the mountain bike trail to my routine this week. There is a hill in that section I've always called the giant hill of doom. Pam and I used to exclaim, "Why is there not a giant pile of bodies at the bottom of this?!" Now it doesn't look so scary. I can't handle the log jump at the top of it yet, but ride down the rest of it with a huge grin plastered to my face. I now ride the whole works in about an hour, right in there with the rest of the recreational riders, even if I do still have lots to learn and still walk parts that I'm not yet up to. Thank God Pam thinks this is fun is all I can say because it's way more fun to ride with a pal.
Things are going good on my renewed efforts to be less lame about the ART BLOG. I put up weekly post #2 yesterday and again got tons of hits, a few emails, and within hours sold the latest gate I just finished. Check it out if you're into that kind of thing and subscribe if you want.
If anyone needs any further proof that math is evil, look no further. I had my recurring math nightmare the other night where it's the last day of school and-- hey-- what do you know-- I skipped a whole bunch and don't know eff all about higher math AT ALL and won't be able to graduate. PANIC. In reality I only graduated by the good graces of my math teacher. I really did skip all the time and didn't learn squat about "algebra 2". My mind would just become a giant test pattern once logarithms started. Fortunately my prediction that I'd never be expected to solve for x in real life has played out. But this is something I still feel really stupid about. Dumb stoopid effing math!
Last night I had another dream-- that I got an agent and a publishing contract! Funny thing was, it wasn't AgentCoolAssChicka, but another agent at her agency I'd die to get. Who knows? I'm just going to keep writing until something happens or I'm discovered in a house full of unpublished novels being feasted upon by my hundreds of cats.
OH-- came up with the best ideas for when I do finally die-- you know, somewhere in my 120's. If I get cremated I think having my remains displayed in a vacuum cleaner bag would be a total hoot, but check this out-- I could donate my body to science, but first write overly personal facts about myself all over my body in permanent marker. Stuff like, "Was ticklish here," and "This one got all the attention," and "Got this scar being tumbled through rocky rapids when I was 17." Pam expanded on the idea saying I could pull my super old lady skin apart and write secret stuff inside my wrinkles. They could unfold me and read me like a newspaper. I don't know why I like this idea so much. I guess my last act could be forcing some stranger to form a personal connection to me. Hmm. On the back of me I could write "I'm now haunting you, so don't laugh at my butt. Mwa ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaa."
Maybe I should have saved that for weird wed. What would you write on yourself?
8 comments:
"I'm now haunting you, so don't laugh at my butt." -- I haven't laughed that loud out loud in a long, long time!
And the spider?! WTF?! That is just ugh!
Love the idea of writing all over yourself! What a hoot for all those timid interns!!
And I had a dream last night too... my doctor wouldn't give me antibiotics, even though I was on my knees begging...
I like yours much better!
what do I write on myself...?
"stamps
dr call
10am bbsit"
Man I'm boring. From now on I'm doing freckle poetry instead of lists!
b_elliott--
Glad I could get a laugh out of you hon. :) I know, i bet you can't wait to sleep over sometime again huh?
Heidi-
I know-- wouldn't that make a good story too-- from both pov's?? (scurries away to jot notes)
Heidi Hick-
Freckle poetry huh? Sounds like a new trend in tats in the making!
LOLOLOL re: butt. Dying over here.
I don't write anything on me, but I do pick at my fingers when I'm nervous. I hate that.
JKB-
I don't write on me either-- yet. This is about what you'd write on yourself for others to read when you croak. :)
AAAGH! Oh my gosh. If I had found that on the towel I had been using, I would never be able to use a towel again. At least not after thoroughly inspecting it. Agggh! And that you let it live afterward! I know you had a rescuer, but you are ~brave and good~, Sue. :)
Courtney-
Yes, pretty much everything get's a good inspection now before touching me. I know. I also believe I should rack up some karma points there. :)
Post a Comment