Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Weird Wed- "Has anyone seen Jerry?"

Hey people. Another month, another daring adventure for "Little Mister Sunshine", and more disturbia unearthed in Buffalo by me and BuddyLinda.


I know people. I can hardly believe my eyes either. Rose @ Second Hand Rose has an even bigger grasp of the whole weird and creepy doll thing than I do. The woman is a disturbia virtuoso.

I had to actually wait for some lady to put this down to snap the pic. I'm betting someone bought this.

Ah yes, the ever popular head on a platter. Usually the garnish gets overlooked. Not this time my friend.

Here we have a little safari theme going. I love that someone shoved daisies in the antelope's mouth.

Paris Hilton's baby picture. (This is the vainest baby I've even seen you guys. God, take a picture baby!)

Prom of the living dead drenched girls.

This is kind of gross-- fur and all, but doesn't look all that weird at first glance right?

Take a closer look-- it's made from a horse people! A friend of mine (who will remain nameless, but did once make a guest appearance as a polygamy wife) told me her grandpa had a blanket made of his beloved milk horse Jerry. It became a treasured and cozy family heirloom and every winter they'd look for it asking -- "Hey, who had Jerry last?"

That is so going in a story at some point. Watch what you tell your writer friends people.

Tell me the truth people-- does this purse make my butt look big? (I asked the lady at Costco that about their Attack Of The 50' Woman sized shopping carts but she didn't think it was funny, just looked at me weird. That's ok. Fringe status maintained.)

Ok-- I was pretty excited about this fringe girl sighting. This is a candid shot I took of them as I walked by casually humming. I don't have one of those fancy cell phone cams so this wasn't as easy as one might suspect. My camera is huge and makes this big clicking noise. I was so jealous of their hats! (I like how the photo looks like they just knocked off a bank too. )

I didn't even notice one was wearing a leopard print skirt! They have totally raised the bar for me and Linda now. Next month we're going to have to give some serious thought to our outfits.

That's it for this week's weirdness. More in the bullpen for next week though so stay tuned.

8 comments:

Linda Thiltgen said...

You did not disappoint my friend! Looking forward to thinking about our "get-up" for next month. Happy Weird Wednesday!! LT

Heidi the Hick said...

i must go to that store. i MUST!

Mary Olson said...

I want to go on one of these excursions! I used to go to 2nd Hand Rose frequently when I lived out that way. She definitely has gone a little weirder. And what's with those girls? Is Buffalo the new New York? Or are we just so weird we think this is high fashion?

Lynn Fisher said...

Gosh whaatsup with the girls in Bufalo? I'm guessing rather fancy out-of-towners.
Great Wednesday post as usual! (now I know what you mean by "prom of the living dead"

Unknown said...

Heidi--
Between here and Axman you'd have a ton of fun.

Mary & Lynn--
I'm sure those girls were just having fun with the theme. That long weekend every month in Buffalo is all about second hand stuff (occasional sales).

They were just going all-out wearing vintage hats and getting all gussied up. I think they are awesome! I'd totally do something like that.

Linda Thiltgen said...

Yes, I so think we should "dress up" for the next sale. :)
LT

courtney said...

To good home only.

My mind, it boggles!!!

Heidi Willis said...

these are just so funny!! The dolls are creepy, but the coat... oh so going in a story! I wish it were my story! :)

I love those hats, too. I'd look stupid in them, but they look very fringe chic.

I hand my monstrous camera to my kids and pretend we're fooling around and let them press the shutter. That's how I get all my subway shots without people looking at me funny.