First up is everyone's favorite category- creepy dolls. This is a "Leather Face" Texas Chainsaw Massacre doll. Except I believe the grown men that play with such dolls insist they're "action figures." (pushes glasses up bridge of nose) After working in a leather apron and long pants all day yesterday in the heat (105 heat index here) I can tell you I understand what drove poor old Leather Face to such mayhem. There was probably just one too many people pissing him off and the chainsaw was just handy is all.
OK- the next half dozen are from a mother/son slagporter team who made their flea market outing a disturbia sighting expedition. Now see? -- This blog is all about family values people. I keep telling everyone that.No doubt these shifting weirdovision eyes following
your every move were creepier in RL.
your every move were creepier in RL.

I wish someone would make bobbleheads of my family,
based on our most awkward family photo...
Okay, it would still be no contest.

When will people heed the "This is not a toy" warning? When?
Oh- It's just a doll, thank God.
This is the worst marketing campaign on record-
The "Hey Culligan Man" blow-up doll, doll.
Just don't ask people.

If you think these puppets are creepy just wait...
Although I do like the mouse or whatever it is
trying to get our attention in the background.
"Help- We're suffocating!"

Thanks Kris and Ryan, for those very disturbing images. (scrubs at eyes with borax)
Next up is the creepiest puppet show on the web sent by a slagporter who I'm not sure, may want to remain anonymous, so I'll just say she's one of my favorite Wisconsinites. If she wants to claim credit in the comments-- be my guest Karen-- Oh crap! Well, sorry. Cat's out of the bag now. Anyway, someone is taking portraits of little kids and photoshopping them into puppets so check out that link. Very fembot-esque.
And lastly but certainly not leastly-- a submission from the power pants borrowing photog extraordinaire, Brenda. I haven't been able to quit thinking about this since she sent it to me. It is hilarious as well as disturbing. A MUST watch.
Well freaks, that's it for today. On an unrelated note let me just say deer and horseflies and 95 degree weather, plus cramps are as good an argument against nuclear proliferation as I've ever heard. (All of these plus Sue = BOOM.)
See ya Fri- stay weird people.


7 comments:
That literal video was amazing! AMAZING! Now I'm trying to remember if I thought the original weirded me out 25 years ago. I probably thought it was haaaavy. I just laughed out loud about eight times, so THANKS!
Anyways, the Puppet Show link didn't work, which is a total drag cuz like, I think they might have been pretty good when they opened for Spinal Tap.
Heidi-
I know so was I- trying to remember. I probably thought it was cool. I know I was really into that song for a while. (cringes)
Sorry- I fixed the link now. :)
Maybe I'm a bad mother, but... I just watched that with my kids and we laaaaffed! I looked up the original first, which we agreed was both magnificent and stupid, then we watched the literal video version and honestly, the three of us snorted, giggled and snickered all the way through it!
Especially the angel dude and the mullet with headlights. I mean, it just keeps getting better.
fonzie's been cloned!
(You knew that was me in that first comment, right???)
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
This post scares me. I am a weenie, I admit, but still.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Heidi--
Yeah, I knew it was you. I don't know that many cute cowgirls named Heidi. ;)
JKB--
Follow your instincts-- RUN!
You mean the original video was actually like that?! People are walking past my desk wondering what I'm laughing about. Okay. You totally paid me back for the pig video.
Mary--
YES! If you can believe it this was considered "cutting edge" back in, idk-- like 1982 I think. It was my anthem for boyfriend #2 who I also was not really into. What can I say? I had a total eclipse of the heart (pukes on self).
Post a Comment