After seeing how Port-Wine-Stain Scarface Doll's face came out, Gingham Dress Doll said, "You know, just leave my face off completely. Faces are way over rated."
OK people. See this bed? Once in my thrilly youth me and a bunch of my delinquent friends found this creepy old huge building out in the woods. It had trees growing up through it and was falling apart, but of course we had to check it out. upstairs there was a room lined with old iron beds like this-- and some had shackles on them! a guy who was from around there told us it used to be an asylum. Creepy huh? It felt mega haunted. (~gets chills~)
Wow, not that there's one thing wrong with that, but, pretty freaky for back in the day huh?
"I'm takin' over this here blue bowl see? And there ain't a man among ya tough enough to stop me see?"
Behold the wrong badness people-- just look. It's like Sonny Bono meets Sam Elliott meets, er... a buffalo. It reminds me of the original Invasion of the Body Snatchers when that little dog runs up to them and it has a human head attached to its body.
Look-- they even make its unit denim clad. I don't know who thought this was a good idea, but it was not. I apologise to all buffalo's everywhere for this travesty.
In other SueNews:Thinking about work this week. You know the saying, "not for love or money"? Working strictly for money doesn't really work for me art-wise. The work comes out best when it's for love. Right now is pretty lean times for everyone. I've been trying to figure out the magic formula, but it seems to be "move to mainland china and make stuff that sells for $20 or less".
I hate thinking about the business end of it. I miss the old days (like, two years ago) when I could make whatever popped into my head and people would just give me money. I think the best thing for me to do is forget about the $ right now, and just follow my heart. At least I'll be happy while I'm working. If I'm going to be poor anyway, might as well be poor and fulfilled right?
This way when and if things pick up again, I'll have cool stuff to sell and won't have degraded my work. Any thoughts?



5 comments:
A wise woman once said: ;)
"If you aren't having fun you are doing it wrong people.
If you are doing things that energize you, that you love, you carry the fire. People who are revved-up spread their vibes of awesomeness into the world. In the end, our experiences and connectivity are the only point of being here. The quest for stuff and legacy are blind alleys."
That wise woman is you! Hey girl spread your vibes of awesomeness into the world and anything you need will find you.
Cathy--
:) Somehow my words coming from you are more comforting and sound smarter. Why is that? Thanks for the validation. that's kind of how I'm going at it at the moment- "leap and the net will appear."
I also keep reminding myself my mantra, "I'll always have more than enough of everything I need." So far, so good.
Remember when I used to write for free and nothing but crap from a few people for it...but I loved it. I wrote, and just got better at it.
You have no way of knowing what will come of your efforts. The greatest thing you ever created artistically may come out of these lean times...when you aren't nessessarily focused on larger sales. I wish things were better out there, but just keep on moving forward. Remember THE ARTISTS WAY, we all did together...it's all in there. (I'm rereading it..it's helping)
Heidi & Lynn--
Yeah, I really do already know don't I? I guess we all just need a reminder now and then. :)
At least you have your sense of humor! Very funny pics and you're right, the whole buffalo was a bad idea.
I've got the job blues for way different reasons. I'm just so sick of spending my day in front of a computer writing crap I could care less about. Seems like heresy though to complain about your job in these times. Darn lucky to have one, I know. Still, I think your way of thinking is way better.
Post a Comment