Thursday, October 30, 2008

The White Stripes - Walking with a Ghost

Ok-- I've had this video on before, but today it is just sooooo appropro, and besides-- it's Jack Flippin' White people! Get your spooky rock on! Props to Tegan and Sarah who wrote it.

I have exactly one week from today (Fri) left to prepare for my show. I load and set-up Fri, which leaves me virtually NO time for extensive moisturizing etc. (my usual show prep routine). The sensible course of action would be to continue cranking out my "Frank Lloyd Wright's Yoga Studio" stained glass pieces, as well as more necklaces and earrings right? Yes, yes it would, but as I've pointed out numerous times -- much like Dan Auerbach's futile and hopeless crush on me -- things don't always make sense.

What I really have been feeling since about 6:00 Thurs night is this woman from my novel. She's this old blues guitar playing bayou woman. She's super cool (natch), and this woman KNOWS some things... We'll have to see what transpires... Stay tuned-- It's all about her face. If I can get that I'm going to go for it.

And as for the blog costume party--I'm not playin' here people-- get me those Halloween pics "toute suite" as the pretend french say. I've only received a smattering so far. Deadline for submission is Sun! (Remember, animals, people, old, new, funny stories, all good) C'mon-- be a weenie! (Halloweenie)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Walking with a Ghost--esp. Tegan & Sara's version, but The White Stripes definitely bring something awesome to it.

Hope the show prep goes well!

Unknown said...

I agree Tegan and Sarah do a great rendition of their original song, but I love me some Jack. I can't hep muh-sayalf.

Thanks Courtney! Good luck with your edits!