Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Gettin' Dangerous Again

Today the driveway was fraught with peril! (Sometimes we writers exaggerate for dramatic effect, so don't worry too much.) First I burnt a tiny hole in my thumb. This isn't that odd really, but still hurts. I tried to get a pic for you but between my over forty eyes and my non-shake-controlled camera, it didn't pan out. You can see the battle scars on my iPod though.
(Check out "Everybody Get Dangerous" by (who else this week?) WEEZER-- in the player.)

I've had many brushes with heat doing this. There was the pants fire of '98-- frayed hems, rookie mistake, and the hair fire a few years later. Never weld when you have a bunch of flammable hair products on board. Little molten balls of steel are always flying down your top or going in your glove. What sucks is when they can't be easily dislodged and expelled out a sleeve etc, and instead sit there melting into your flesh while you frantically hop around disrobing. You also learn to smell around. You don't want to smell burning leaves, or hair, or ickily-- hot dogs (you). Basically anything burning is bad.

My other stunt this morning was launching myself backwards into the driveway by bracing my foot against the bench while I used my mighty strength to bend a stubborn tree, and it gave way. I landed on my back between two piles of semi-completed trees now bristling with spiky metal branches. After this i needed to laugh even more than to jam out so I listened to "The Moth" podcast. Thank you Dan savage for actually making me LOL. (You must go to iTunes and get this-- i tried to link up here but couldn't figure it out. It's free and one of the funniest things Ive ever heard--- "Not that kind of gay".)

Ok, this is the face Dan made at me when I took his picture the other night. He was wearing just sweats, no shirt, and two of the boy cats had literally piled onto his lap. I told him he looked like some kind of centerfold for a weird cat / man soft porn calendar. That was when this face appeared and he threatened to "Delete my whole blog from the entire internet" if I posted the pic. (Notice how little rays appear to shoot from his eyes when he's mad?)
I wasn't too worried, since he really doesn't even know how to find my blog on his own much less somehow hack into blogger. Fortunately for him he has no evil genius aspirations to take over the inter-web. The cats are going from aloof disdain mode into cuddle mode now that it's getting a bit colder. Mike has an on again off again thing with Tootie (the darker one) that's probably going to be "on" again now.
That's it from here-- oh-- I found out Weezer is actually Fri, so the countdown is moved up a day!

0 comments: