Long story short-- I dropped my car keys somewhere along the trail. I've described the trail before-- very hilly, twisting switchbacks through forest over log piles and up and down rocky embankments. Never a good place to loose anything. Plus, The ground here now looks like this:
I spent over two hours scouring the trail, kicking dried leaves aside, searching, before finally giving up and jogging all the way home (only about 3 miles, but still). So that killed like half a day. Trusty Pam went back over there with me after she got off work and, low and behold, just as the last of the light was fading she looked down and there they were! Yay! I got to drive the beast home! (This was not my wonderful Subaru but Dan's 90 Toranado-- the first car we ever owned purchased within the same decade of it being manufactured and - bonus- all one color. This car has no gauges, or a/c, or heat, and has always alternately screamed "race you to the nursing home" and "don't bogart my weed man".)So that little adventure put me way behind. Looking at what I have left to do, and what I have, I'm characteristically stressed about not having enough for the show. This morning I woke up having a dream I messed up the date and the show was actually this Fri-- Ahh! Oh well, I'll just keep plugging away and do my best. Today will be an all out jamfest to help me be super productive.
Remember --- Halloween party this Sun/ Mon right here. Dig out those crusty old costume pics or else run out this year and snap some new ones. Also, send me those funny stories about your best/ worst costumes and last times you went out trick or treating and the first costume party you went to. My Aunt Judy sent me this pic of severed finger cookies (thanks Judy-- very slag hammer appropriate). Here is a link for the recipe if you want to try to make them.

4 comments:
THOSE SEVERED FINGER COOKIES ARE WORKS OF ART.
*admires*
I am glad your car keys were recovered! After seeing the picture, I was sure the story would end, "And they were never seen or heard from again."
Courtney -- the cookies are disturbingly awesome aren't they...
I know! the keys! This story solidifies my "there is no reason for this not to go extremely well" thesis, and also my lesser known, "they are a physical object and exist so can be found-- it's not like they fell into an alternate universe" theory.
Yay trusty Pam!
you better post your "hot kitty" costume from the '80's. Hmmm, I could turn this into some kind of threat, couldn't I? xo
Yes- well, I still have the eighties "euro-trash" shot of both of us...
Plus various one's of you over the years, which might get used anyway...
;D
Post a Comment