Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Ghost Of Brownies Past

That was the smell I awoke to yesterday. Dan, in his continuing quest to be the most beloved man on the planet, makes brownies for his work whenever it's someone's birthday. That means when I get up about an hour later the entire house smells like brownies i can't have. Not a stellar way to begin the day.

Check out "Say It Ain't So" by "the best band-- that's right, Rivers said it" Weezer. This is a beautiful song that eases you into the rock vibe. At around 3:15 is my favorite part-- all the "yeah--yeah yeah's" that are so gratifying to belt out. This is a cool video too because it's just them playing. They were so young here, so puppy-ish almost. Very endearing. I wonder if the drummer is thinking "hand, foot, hand hand foot" when he looks down like I still have to.

Today the mission is to not freeze while welding. When it's in the 50's it's pretty cold if you're out there all day. Layers dummy! Aside from staying warm and getting a lot done I will try to maintain-- not let the occasional crappy wind or rust damaged weld pull my trigger. Yesterday I got really pissed at one point and when the tree i was working on didn't show the proper amount of terror when I gripped it menacingly and yelled a bunch of curse words at it. It almost went to live in the woods for real-- as far as I could fling it.

Have a good one-- jam out.

0 comments: