I'm happy to report Dad is about as fine as a person can be and still have the "C" word mentioned. His doctor literally said, "This is nothing. You should forget about it. We'll just check you every year in case." I was there, ready with all my internet researched questions about bladders and prostates, but, I was glad I didn't need to pull out my arsenal of info. He's fine, pretty much. Just needs some radiation for the prostate thing which I guess is pretty common. Maybe he'll wind-up with some kind of super power! Hmmm....
Speaking of survivors-- This is Mike-- aka-- "God's Favorite Cat." He's survived being shot, getting run over, liver failure, and endured being used as a pretend lawn mower (pushed around the living room rug after I "started him" by pulling his back leg, making motor sounds, and being used as an electric guitar when he was younger for jamming out (which i think he secretly liked -- kind of.) (And ok, yeah, there may have been some beer involved in the lawnmower incident. Good times... Good times...) OH-- and numerous brawls I can only assume he was victorious in. He's fifteen and still wields his dudely powers, sometimes slow-mo chasing Ray, his most devoted underling, around the yard. He still has the best menacing stare in the cat business.
This was actually a practice shot for MY NEW ART BLOG live as of today so check it out!Please feel free to forward the art one to anyone you know who's into art. It's not going to be edgy and weird like this one so you don't have to worry about scaring anyone. Thanks for all the positive Dad vibes-- and for supporting ye old blog.
Hey-- on the super power thing-- what would you pick if you could have one?
2 comments:
Mike looks almost as thrilled to be in that picture as you do.
Cats...what fickle creatures.
The "C" word isn't as scary as it used to be in some cases. There are lots and lots of new advances every day. I'll keep you all in my prayers!
Thanks Kat. Yes, thanks goodness we're learning how to lick this disease. Someday it'll be history.
I know, my sister always teases me about looking like I have a bird in my mouth in photos. Oh well.
Post a Comment