Hey people. Couple of doll things for you today. First up is THIS LINK (sorry, pic didn't want to cooperate). It takes you to this woman's site who makes babies out of marzipan that are completely amazing. They look totally real. Not sure how she does it-- or more bizarrely why, but they are worth a look for sure. (Thanks Judy- who sent me the info.)
Next up is a video of a local punk band, "Babes in Toyland." Their wiki says their last activity as a band was a reunion tour & album in 2001, but they were kind of a big indie deal in the 90's. This vid features creepy dolls behaving badly so i knew you'd dig it. The song, "He's my thing" is kind of a preview of Feb. Kind of. Mostly it just goes with my current mood. More after the vid-- (Thanks Maery, for reminding me about this song.)
In other SueNews:
I'm not into Valentine's day, but for some reason have gotten it into my head Feb should be "Gettin' It On Feb" here on the blog (because "effin' Feb" is just a little too coarse.) So all month I'll be featuring music to get busy by, along with other stuff. If anyone has any questions or wants to be set up or anything, I'll see what I can do. I'm quite the lay-relationship therapist. ;)
Writing is going good. The latest novel, "Threat Level Amber" is on track, for now.
Art is going awesome. I was wielding mondo mojo the last week or so making a little heron for a client's birthday and it came out swee--eet. You can check that out on the art blog later today.
Been kind of a tin foil beanie week around here. "I am the greatest man that ever lived..." "I suck and suck and suck and suck and suck." Probably not a bad thing I'm leaving for a few days to go pick up a car Dan bought in Fla. Poor Dan will be trapped in a car for hours and hours with head case me though. Send him good vibes. I should probably make him his own beanie.
My dumb tibia is being an ass again. I went running one day and now it hurts to walk. I'm super bummed. I'm going to go back to the doctor and try to get some better imaging done. Last time I had it checked YoungDoctorHandsome just pressed his thumbs up and down it torturing me and said, "We should have put the rod in," and turned me loose, saying, "It might always hurt." Not effing good enough. I'm pissed about this in case you can't tell.
Fri a Vid will post from the mountain bike race I went to last Sun. More Brad Sucks, who is awesome, so check it out.
Keep voting for the team name from the last post-- Team RAWR is in the lead so far.
That's it. Later peeps. Stay cool, and weird.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Re the Marzipan babies? Since they're technically food, wouldn't they eventually...rot? Kind of like DECAYING Marzipan babies? And wouldn't that be the cruelest thing of all? Decomposing Marzipan baby corpses? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!
Way to take it to a whole new level Tink. I see I'm asserting a disturbing influence over you. My work is done. ~dusts off hands~
Just think of all the disturbing pics you could take of them: kittens snacking on tiny babies, etc.
Yuck! I had totally forgot about Valentine's day! Yuck!
Post a Comment