A palindrome reads the same backwards as forward. This video reads the exact opposite backwards as forward. Not only does it read the opposite, the meaning is the exact opposite. This is only a 1 minute, 44 second video and it is brilliant. Make sure you read as well as listen forward and backward. This is a video that was submitted in a contest by a 20-year old. The contest was titled "u @ 50" by AARP. This video won second place. When they showed it, everyone in the room was awe-struck and broke into spontaneous applause. So simple and yet so brilliant. Take a minute and watch it.
Maybe there is hope yet huh? This resonates more with how I usually feel about things. I think I'm just having an off week.
Something is going on tomorrow that is bound to be pretty darn weird. Some of you who only know the present day me might be surprised to learn back in my regular job days I actually took "my career" very seriously. I didn't do art, had set that aside as something I was good at but was useless, and only wrote procedural or policy type stuff. I had, like, a whole staff of people etc. At one point I had 18 employees (it was a small company, not, you know, 3M or anything).
Okay-- yeah, that was never really my style. But I was intent on being "the best," and eventually became known as someone who could fix problems. I was given the most problematic locations, and employees, at one time assigned to reprogram a demoted manager. I was all about operations (policy), and gross profit margins, and motivation.
Totally weird to me now.
Anyway, I'm supposed to get together with a bunch of ex-employees of this company tomorrow night. I have no idea if anyone there will have been from any of my staffs, or if I'll even remember them. But it will be pretty freaking weird getting tossed back into that world for a night. The blue hair is bound to freak some of them out.
Glad I can just go back to my new life afterwards.
5 comments:
Oh Lordy sending you good vibes> I think you should add some extra blue!
What a brilliant girl! Gives a person hope that maybe someone will change the crazy road society has taken. Good luck with your get-together. I can't even imagine the Sue you describe although you have retained the ability to decide what you are going to do and do it.
That first video was great.
Thanks for sending that video. That was awesome!
Hope you have a good time with your former employees!
Beth--
I'll take 'em. Thanks!
Maery-
I know. It's so cool some people's minds can work that way isn't it? Yes, I've mostly mortared over ball-busting hard-ass sue, but every once in a while she claws her way out.
Struggling-
Yes. Must stay positive. :)
Linda-
Hopefully not actual employees, just asorted peers. :)
Post a Comment