One thing about living where I do that might be weird to some of you guys who live in warmer places, is that our whole way of life changes in winter-- especially our wardrobes! It can be liberating. Some days you don't have to try AT ALL. No need to bother with hair and make-up when you're just going to don your blizzard burka.
Working for myself, and not having a ton of art orders right now, (galleries are super slow this time of year) it's easy to not leave the house all day except for whatever outsidey adventure I decide to get up to (a must). There are days when I just write all day (my so far non-paying other job) and don't even get dressed until it's time to throw on the kitty hat. Glam central. (not)When you do what I do, you can get away with rather a lot in this department. People just chuckle and go, "Oh you creative types-- so eccentric!" --Yes. It is awesome.
So when we decided to have a few friends over New Years Eve for a casual get together-- playing wii and munching etc, Dan was kind of shocked to come home and find me in this get-up. That's right-- the Gold Pants Of Awesomeness! (*tip*-- if you add "of awesomeness" to anything, it automatically increases the radness of whatever it is by 50 points. *True Fact*)
I was like-- "What?-- I'm wearing this." (it was a joke) (but I strung him along for a while) You may remember these are the same pants me and my sister changed into last Christmas, causing our Grandma's eyes to bug-out.Here's him coming home from a hard day's work. "Uh, what the hell are you wearing?"
Poor Dan. If anyone is ancient enough to remember the old Pink Panther movies from the 70's, Dan coming home is at times comparable to Inspector Clueseau coming home to Kato. He never knows if I'll leap down half a flight of stairs and show off my pretending to kick him in the head ability in my super gal shirt or if I'll be barely responsive-- typing away in the living room.Look, here he is a few minutes later. He literally CAN'T LOOK AWAY people. The GPOA (goldpantsofawesomeness) have him in their spell!
Shortly after this photo I went up and changed into my not quite as awesome but still pretty rad purple cords. Hey-- gotta keep us entertained right? Defeat the boringness people!Okay okay-- I can feel you getting all impatient for your creepy dolls all the way through the internet. Here. Here, just TAKE THEM ~throws at you.
Warning-- Creepiest. Ever. (Just so no one has a heart attack-- at the very end Regan from The Exorcist appears and screams really annoyingly.)
Apparently this is a thing now. People are making their own "living dead dolls" and making music videos with them etc. Wow huh? Who'd 'a thunk?
Along the "defeating the boringness" lines-- someone sent me this link (thanks Maery)-- for the Art Sled Rally at Powderhorn Park-- Jan 31st, 1 pm. Looks like a blast to check out!
See ya Fri.
6 comments:
Wow! From gold pants to creepy dolls, your blog has it all! (Kind of rhymes, I am so clever)
Maery-
What can I say? This one was kind of the shotgun blast approach.
Doll awesomeness!
OK, I want a pair of gold pants and I want them NOW! I think the pair you have on would probably fit over my arms and not my legs, hmmm. Never mind the pants, but I do want the hat I asked for earlier.
Anon-
You ain't seen nuthin' yet man. Or robot. Or whoever you are.
Kim-
I'm told teh pants can be had from American Apparel.. Also in silver!
I'm working on the hat. Will have to bug sis again.
Post a Comment