Hey people. It's the "Oh tens!" So far so good on the new decade-- went for an awesome "bracing" ski with the newest recruit to my girl posse of awesomeness-- T-rose-- on New Years Day, accidentally did a little powder baja-ing in the Suby Sat at the trail and helped haul some firewood for the first winter race of the year, (thanks Rich & Dan for helping push me around), and yesterday (Sun) went and hung out at the race.
I'm def going to have to de-wuss and ride the trail this winter. Mah girl Sam, (look for her at the end of the vid riding into the finish line) RACED, and it was her first time riding the trail in winter ever! (See? Me = wuss)
Enjoy the vid -- The music is Brad Sucks, natch ("Dropping out of school"). Oh-- some guy got shot off his ride by a roman candle-- anyone witness this? Hopefully he's okay.
You know how I always complain about not having enough people to play with? I think I've finally found my tribe. At first I was shy of showing up at these events because I'm new and not a very good rider yet, and thought people would be like, "What's she doing here?" -- But they're not at all.
Everyone is really cool and friendly. Some people race, some just come to support friends who are riding. Of the racers, very few are riding to win. It seems like 95% of them are just in it for the kicks-- just racing the clock/ themselves, and going for the group activity effect.
Almost all of these folks sound like they're up for other hijinx too. I'm going to start recruiting for the Urban Assault Ride (which me and T-Pam are totally doing again this year if anyone has any good team name ideas.)
My riding goals for '10 are:
To ride the trail this winter
To conquer all the features next season (not have to walk anything)
To ride a 45 min lap
What are some of your goals for the next year?
Fire nipples
2 days ago
4 comments:
Great video Sue! Love it. Everyone definitely has more fun when you're around. Thanks for the "Trail Treats" too.
We burned up most of the wood, so it looks like we'll have to go back for more!
That looks scary but fun and like a very cool tribe to be a part of. I hate to even bring this to your attention, but how can I not? Check out the art sled rally at Powderhorn Park - http://www.artsledrally.com/ I think costumes could be called for.
Rich-
Yeah, when you were like "twice as much as we'll need" I was like, "We'll see-- brrrr." Good time as always. Fun to hang. ;D
Maery-
I consider scary fun the funnest. (Hey- writers are allowed to make-up words. It's okay.) That sled rally looks AWESOME! OOOOO--- giving me ideas. You know I dig costumey stuff...
Great vid!
Get baby out.
Finish Panic.
Get a huge offer.
HA! At least I can control 2 of them! XD
Post a Comment