Hard slogging to be sure. They came prepared, and a little snow and ice is not going to stop these guys (and two girls), but, conditions being what they were, only people with specialized large wheel bikes called pugs could race. Everyone who showed up with a normal mountain bike was out of luck. One guy made it one lap on a regular bike out of sheer craziness & stubbornness & apparently legs of iron, but the race was a lap and a half so he only got the bragging rights for his effort.
Even the pug riders-- generally the most elite/serious of the racers-- were practically passing out at the finish line. Well, not all of them. A few managed to bust out a wheelie, but they were certainly less frisky than they usually are after a race. It spanked them pretty hard yesterday. I'm always amazed at what they're able to do. Incredible. Legs + heart + a little craziness = mtb racer.
I just went to hang out and take video (I'll post that when I finish it, later in the week (?) ). I'll take about any excuse to tromp around in the woods, and like the vibe of the mtb crowd. Since I'm not good enough to really race (or even ride in the winter yet), it's fun to watch them. And, turns out, I like making videos. So I hung out with scratched racer Samantha and Kristin (Mrs. CoolTrailBossRich) and invented peep brule. (I don't know how to make that little accent deal over the "e". Peep "broolay")The peeps weren't really in favor of this idea.
People scoffed. But they were an intoxicating combination of revolting and delicious. I think they'd have been even better if they weren't 2 to 3 years old and hard as peep rocks.
In other SueNews:Remember when me and TPam rode the Urban Assault Ride last year? Our team name, you may recall, was "Finger Twist Of Doom", named after my trademark menacing pointy gesture.
Well, saddle up. We're doing it again. We have to sign up by Jan 31 to get an entry fee discount and need a team name again. Here are the finalists. We're letting you guys vote, so tell us your favorite, or if you have any other really good suggestions. We need to pick by Thurs a.m., because I'm leaving town for a few days.Here's the list (in no particular order):
Pedal Pushers
Famous & Adjacent
Playing to win
Nacho Mama
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Team RAWR (random, awesome, wicked rowdy)
2 fools, 2 bikes
Off The Edge
Trophy Wives
Dorkalicious
As Yet Unsigned

14 comments:
Oh, I vote for Team RAWR! I think that says it all.
And those are some seriously cool pics, especially the spiky tires.
It's obvious. Gotta be the Sue-icide Jockies. Or Pseu-icide, if you're using your twitter handle.
I'd go with Team RAWR. :)
Paul
WTF
Definitely WTF
LOL!!
Tean RAWR, as long as you bellow RAWR as a sort of battle cry. (Although I quite like Famous and Adjacent)
I love Sue-icide jockies followed by RAWR. Glad you had no mention of the Vikings in your post. I was their friend and now I am not! Thanks for always entertaining.
Thanks guys!
So far team RAWR is in the lead, followed by suicide jockies. The voting is still way open though!
Keep voting for your fav!
Weigh in lurkers!
Oooh, I do like that idea "the Pseu-i-side's"
I'm partial to Sue-icide Jockies. Those bike tires look serious! I can't imagine riding in the icy slushy mess on Sunday.
I vote for "Nacho Mama", especially when it's pronounced with the proper accent and attitude. :)
Those spiky tires got through two layers of clothing and left four scratches on the inside of my left leg when I unexpectedly dismounted. I'm not sure I needed to sharpen them quite so much...
Whoa-- Pseuicide or sue-icide jockies are challenging. Keep voting. We won't pick until thurs morning!
Rich- your franken-studs were scary cool.
If you decide not to use Sue-icides for your team name, I think it is appropriate for the Peeps! Peep-icides? Poor little critters.
"Sue-icide Jockies" would be leaving Pam out of the name though, you'd have to work her name in there somehow! It's a team thing. Although, I have no idea how to do that...
You mean it's not "all about me?"
~looks stunned~
Point.
Post a Comment