Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Right About Now

I'm the funk soul brother, check it out now-- I'm the funk soul brother... Okay. I'm not, really. But I'm pretty sure my neighbor busted me jamming way out in my shop yesterday as he drove out of the driveway, and later, I think I scared off an elderly neighbor couple with my funktastic moves-- or it could have been the welding helmet.

Welcome to weird Wednesday people. Last week I went to Axman with art pals Linda & Jamie. That place never disappoints when it comes to weirdness. I'd recommend clicking on all these pics so you can read the signs. In this one Sly himself sings the praises of "soft like a lamb fabric scraps."

This was hanging from the ceiling right where you walk in. Who'd have guessed art geeks would blend so well with hardcore nerds? That's pretty much the population at this store.

In case you didn't know already-- geeks are hilarious. I used to try to get signs like these posted back when I worked retail, but they always got yanked.

You know what would be awesome though? If someone went gorilla and just put up a bunch of funny signs at some popular store they didn't even work at. Do it! I give you permission.

~Rip~ Here. Here's your permission slip. If you do this-- take pics. I'll post them.


Wow, I feel like I'm unleashing a smart-alecy army of pranksters.


*Sniff* This is a dream come true you guys.
Get your Huggy Jesus's while they're hot folks, although, as I've pointed out in the past, we really have no idea this isn't just some random old timey guy, or the dude from the Zigzag package or something.

I had to show you the robot baby bin again. It is just too creepy and bizarre.


I know some people who could use these for stocking stuffers with a card saying, "Use it on yourself D-bag." (That one's just for you Mary.) (*winks*)

I don't know about you but I'd buy one of these pens out of sheer terror of Dennis Leary alone.

When we were there I also scored some sweet valve-stem strobe lights for Penny-- in case I de-wuss next year and try some night rides. I will be *the fanciest* for sure. $2! Woo-hoo!

In other SueNews:

As you might have gathered I'm running primarily on tune-power at this point as I near the finish line. My show is Sat and I've been cranking in high gear for months now. Last month's gallery show kind of swept me clean of "actual art", and I'm too burned-out to effectively tap that well at the moment, so I spent all month making stuff I know has sold in the past-- trees, deer, cats, jewelry. Now all my work rides on one day. Hopefully people will show up and buy. You can check out more about that over on the art blog tomorrow if you want.

Writing has been totally on hold, but Mr. Bigtimeagent told me Fri he's still reviewing my manuscript, so I should hold-off on my revision ideas for now. Yesterday it was announced he's transferring to L.A. to open a west coast division of their agency. That's big, and will either mean this is great for me because he's in a much more powerful position if he decided to sign me, or that I'm too small a fry and he'll cut me loose. We'll have to see.

That's it for today peeps-- the welder awaits. Remember I'm always taking submissions for Weird Wed-- Keep those eyes disturbingly peeled. Later.

3 comments:

Kim Smith said...

I have to get to Ax-Man, I need some cheering up. I want to be the person making the signs and trying to decide what the heck this stuff is. OK I have always secretly wanted to work for OPI and name their nail polish colors - but this would be even better!

Maery Rose said...

I was looking at the picture of the big eraser and thinking how perfect! I want one! Then I saw your note and started laughing. People are looking at me with concern.

I hope the agent thing works out for your benefit. If he's smart, he'll grab you up before someone else does.

Heidi Willis said...

Sue - you either have a super-sensitive nose for finding this kind of stuff, or you live in the WEIRDEST PLACE EVER!

The bunny/duck one had me howling.

I may just go put up a sign somewhere... if only I were funny enough...