Hey people. That's the way a local reviewer described Weezer- today's pic for Fav Music Fri. She went on to say, "They haven't reinvented the wheel here, but would you really want Weezer to do that?" No-- you'd want them to just rock-out with the fun music they always put out.
Their new album dropped this week- "Ratitude" (named by Dwight from The Office, a friend of the band's frontman Rivers Cuomo) (one of their promotions for it is that you can but a Weezer Snuggie in red or blue) and I've been waiting for the video for the first single to be released. Enjoy "If you're wondering if I want you to, I want you to" by Weezer.
A lot of people who listened to Weezer in high school or college claim to be "over" them. They came along later for me and I still really get into them. It's just fun power-poppy music. Rivers has stated his ambition is to write American pop music. He doesn't see that as anything to be ashamed of. Pop = popular, relatable. He wants to write music people jam-out to and sing along with that is accessible. I'm calling it a win.
I still love stomping around singing "I am the greatest man who ever lived" and I love it when I'm riding and "Everybody get dangerous" comes on. Go Weezer!
In other SueNews:
I decided to do one more show before dealing stuff out to galleries so today I'm setting up for an open house/show at my neighbor's studio. This also means I'll be making jewelry today and tonight. I have to say, I really like how the "Fast Machine" jewelry has been coming out, and much to my delight-- the people who were drawn to it last weekend were exactly the kind of people I had in mind-- cool, active, and kind of kick-ass.
My calf sprain is healing-up. It hasn't been affecting my riding too much, but last night I tried running and it was definitely "there", making me shorten my stride quite a bit, but, do-able. This morning before I dive into another workday, I'm going riding with DangerGirlJr T-Rose, that girl I took out on her second ride. We may ride the whole course, have to see what she's up for.
I can't believe this week is already gone. A couple more play dates next week, but hopefully, lots more writing happening.
Friday, November 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'll be a Weezer man for life. I've been with them since the Blue Album, which is the only album I've owned that does not have one bad song. Pure goodness from beginning to end.
I did not like "If you're wondering if I want you to, I want you to" the first time I heard it. It's growing on me, though.
My favorite from the last album is "The Greatest Man That Ever Lived".
My fav of all time is probably "In the Garage":
I've got the Dungeon Master's Guide.
I've got a 12-sided die.
I've got Kitty Pryde
And Nightcrawler too
Waiting there for me.
Yes I do, I do.
Struggling-
Believe it or not I didn't discover them until Pork and Beans (!) and have been combing their backlist ever since. I spent a lot of years strictly as an NPR news/ books on tape girl because I couldn't stand commercial radio. Thank god for the current/my ipod. I'll have to check out the blue. Beverly Hills, so many awesome songs. I know lots of people think everything after Pinkerton sucks, but I like 'em big time. I'm going to have to listen to In the Garage now...
I'll assume you know what you're doing but be careful with that knee. I did the eliptical last night and tried jump roping. Jump roping caused shooting pains so decided to stop that one. Thanks for the Weezer introduction. I'm feeling so musically out of it.
Maery Rose - every time somebody starts listening to Weezer, an angel get's its wings. True story.
Maery-
Jumping rope is one of the most abusive things you could have picked! It's easy t become musically out of it, just by listening to the same stuff you always have. That's why I love The Current (89.3 fm)-- public (no ads) and cool. Lot's of indie, lots of new, big variety.
Struggling-
That's what I heard too! ;D
Post a Comment