Thursday, November 5, 2009

Let's put a little mojo on this sucker...

Hey people. Well, My show is tomorrow. Today is the load-in, later in the afternoon. Until then I'll be continuing to make jewelry like a mofo. This new "line" I've been working on is called "Fast Machine", in honor of adventurous, strong, kick-ass women everywhere.

The basic ingredients are: bike gears, birds, red/green/amber beads, & watch parts.

I'm pretty cheap. There aren't too many things I look at and think are worth the money-- or I may see the value, but it's just not worth it to me to have whatever it is.

But I really like these- the whole vibe behind them. I'm going to charge $40 for the necklaces, and $20 for the bracelets. I know it isn't cheap, but those are decent gift price points, and like I said-- I'd buy them. And I don't say that much, even about my own stuff.

Remember Flo Jo? How awesome was she? (Very)

As far as my own zoomy awesomeness goes-- not very at the moment. I was riding this really no-brainer part of the trail, a flat part I usually use to get some speed up and I guess I got too close to the edge and clipped a root or something because it was like someone stuck a stick through my spokes.

Long story short, the bike stopped fast, I didn't, and sprained my gastroc (which is this calf muscle that goes into the back of your knee) when I hyperextended going over. Essentially it feels like my knee is super messed-up, but it's not serious. It just will suck for a little while and makes me ride shitty (er) now until I can put all my weight on it.

So-- Bla bla bla. You guys feeling me on the new jewelry or am I high? Do you think the pricing sounds okay? Tell me now. Sunday is too late. Heck, tomorrow morning is too late. Sound off!

I didn't forget it's Fav Music Fri btw. Today's pick flies in the face of my usual thinking, but it's a fun song and I'm using it to put the whammy on tomorrow. When you work all month for a one day pay-out, well, let's just say mama is going to be kind of pissed if it tanks. I've done everything I can do about it-- including busting out the mojo. (blows on hands and rubs them)

Groove-out to the Flying Lizards' "Money" and send me some prosperity vibes y'all. If you're a local-- check out the show if you've got time. Deets over on the art blog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those bracelets and necklaces. Very cool. I think $40 and $20 are fair prices for them.

Have a good weekend!

Linda Thiltgen said...

Pricing is ood and fair. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow.
LT

Briannotated said...

Seems fair. If I actually wore jewelry more than twice a year, they'd be very tempting! I dig the strong woman vibe. :)

Maery Rose said...

Pricing seems good to me. You know best what you put into them. Loved the music video. I need to download that song to my iTunes.