Hey people. Ho-my-God are you in for a treat today. I've been waiting to post this for MONTHS people. Feast your eyes on MGMT performing "kids" on french t.v. dressed as pilgrims. I've rarely seen anything so gloriously effing bizarre. It's not a mere video, it's a spectacle!
Stuff to notice-- the "Indians" are cuddling puppies. One of the pilgrims is getting a massage on stage. One of the pilgrims is randomly spinning around in the background on one of those gyroscopic deals you ride on that Pres Bush fell off once. And off to the right there is someone dressed totally as some Frenchie artiste, complete with beret and drapey smock, painting a portrait of them. Ah the French, gotta luv 'em.
In other Suenews:
Me and T-Pam have been riding a lot this week and getting bolder and better as we get in more runs. I'm now looking at stuff I dismissed as "impossible-- for me" in the beginning and thinking twice every time I walk it-- and even riding some of it. We've gotten our times for a whole lap to under an hour. Next year, when I'm finally able to stay on the bike the whole way through and ride every feature, it could really be effing ON. Maybe I'll race some more if I don't feel too stupid. That would be super cool.
Today I have to fire-up the damn tree factory, but yesterday I talked T-Pam into skipping with me and we hit IKEA and The Mall as promised. It was awesome. Cinnamon stix, milk duds, and lingonberry soda were consumed. I considered buying lamps at IKEA and fantasized about redoing our kitchen & bathroom someday. I took some rad pics I'll put up on Mon of the shoe expedition, and T Pam rolling around on a pile of cow skins like a barbarian. I got a kick-ass jacket for $42 at H&M. *Win*
Took a look at the novel I want to revise tonight (a stand alone). I charted each chapter as it now stands. Oh. My. Gawd.
I could have been sucked inside-out from the unbelievably huge vortex of suck. I wrote this one off the seat of my pants before I'd even heard of YA, or apparently structure, or how, you know, stuff is supposed to actually HAPPEN as opposed to the main character just talking on the phone about stuff. (wilts from shame) There's *some* good stuff, but TONS of garbage, and it's 20k too long. It should be fun to take another crack at after tree central shuts down.
That's it for now. Stay cool peeps.
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm writing garbage right now, so it's nice to have some company :)
Good luck with the tree production.
Wasn't that group singing something about a tree family? Or did I miss-hear that? I like the new profile photo. I hope you get out and enjoy some of the nice weather tomorrow on your bike.
Maery-
"A family of treeeees wanted- to be haunted." Yep. Don't ask me what it means but it's in there. :) It is now the future- and I just got back fro a ride. It was awesome! Hope you're enjoying the nice weather too!
LOL!
Tell Anony bb! And only the cool kids get the spammers! ROFL
Time to get back to that book, oh yes indeedy!
It was extremely interesting for me to read this article. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.
Did they put a puppy in the pot and pretend to cook it?
Post a Comment