Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Weird Wed Returns!

Hey people. This was one of the first things I saw at Second Hand Rose's in buffalo last week. I love this place so much I want to make out with it. It is always, always at least as weird as me and that is a rare quality.

I looked and looked for Little Mister Sunshine. Finally I asked Rose about him and she said, (as if all this was completely normal)- "Oh, he's at home today. He wouldn't sit on his horse the right way, so I went with heads this month." I HEART her so bad you guys.

The woman is a genius. I want to be her when I grow up except we all know that will never happen.


I was so bummed when I loaded this one this morning because I super want a marching band hat. I was so mesmerized by the weirdness I totally overlooked the hat itself. Maybe it will still be there next month.

Okay, This one might be just me. But come on people-- the blank staring eyes? The poking out butt? It's a little creepy somehow.

I guess when your hobby is taxidermy you're kind of up for stuffing anything.

You know what they say-- you have to hump a lot of frogs...

Once again I'm baffled by the ways of academia.


All I can say is yes, "no pants" usually = somehow cooler.

In other SueNews: Tahdahhhh! Letters! Behold the sign for my open house Aug 2nd. Glittery red paint = cool too.

Also I've arranged to set up a tent and schlep my wares at a couple of bike races this month at the trail. I'm experimenting with a den of iniquity theme-- having a cool little hang out area with treats and relaxy chairs etc. Hopefully the mtb crowd will think my bike gear pendants = cool.

If anyone wants to come visit me, the first race (a ride and run duathelon) is at Hillside park in Elk River (behind Walmart) Sat morning. Remember, me, free treats, the chance to see numerous mtb nutballs go flying over jumps etc, could be fun.... Race starts at 9:00 a.m. Probably will wrap-up around 1:00.

For all those of you who've asked about how I am after my gnarly crash last week-- thanks, and I'm pretty much fine. I may have removed the caution tape a little prematurely though. Had a bit of a rib setback, but that's already doing much better too. I was trying to proceed as normal after the first day because I didn't want to get stiff, and I think stuff heals faster is you move around, blood flow etc. I did, er, let's just say something I should not have, that basically made my eyes practically pop out of my head. I think a rib kind of moved out of place, but it popped back when I went running and took some really deep breaths.

It sucked the day it was messed up though because Dan kept trying to crack me up, making me laugh in a reedy, fat-lady-who-just-sucked-on-helium-balloons laugh in agony.

I hope to be back on Penny in a few days. Meanwhile I'm getting used to running in the heat.

Stay weird people. See you Friday, and tomorrow over on the art blog. :)

2 comments:

JKB said...

Man that shop is SUPER spooky. I don't know how you find them!! LOL

I am super glad you're feeling better. :))))

Mary Olson said...

Glad to hear you are still rockin and rollin. I'd be careful with that rib thing. I did something to mine and it just seems to pop out all the time now. One of those things they can't really fix.

By the way, I journeyed to find the Sand Dunes trails and went past 4 & 15. Not sure which place is the one you were referring to as there were a couple horse places. I think I'm going to haul Luke to the Dunes this weekend. There were horse flies but no worse than at Rum. We need a change of scenery. It is pretty out there.