Friday, July 10, 2009

Fav Music Fri goes DIY

Hey people. This week's music pic is a new one by Free energy called "Dream city". There isn't a video for it, but I really wanted to use it so we're going to try something a little different. Start the cool video I found of absolutely crazy street biking in France. (The sound has been disabled by youtube.) Then go up and click the play button on the mp3 file. Voila-- we made our own video! (The song is a tiny bit shorter than the video but it still pretty much works.)

Dream city takes me totally back to that feeling of cruising in the summer, sure giganto fun is about to break out at any moment. The wind in your face. The feeling of being totally untethered. Awesome.

I love the chorus- talking about "when you know who you are." It taps into that flywheel feeling I get at times, feeling like a match someone has struck-- burning up, but kind of sad too, because you know fire is consumptive-- it's a fleeting sensation by nature, and, well, you know who you are = kind of a freak. But you have to be okay with that because it is what it is. :)

Anyway, give it a try. Either way check out both the sound file and the vid.





In other SueNews:

Here's some shots of my display for the mtb race tomorrow. This was a lot of fun to do. I'm trying to think out of the box about everything connected to my business right now. One thing I love about going to Axman are the funny signs, so what the hell? Here's my version-- pretend testimonials. (You can click to enlarge any of these. In case you can't tell, all the people are "wearing" my pendants. I've pinned actual pendants to the pictures.)






Hee hee hee. Well, whatever. I can see my schedule is packed from now until christmas so if this is going to work I need to have fun with it.

Otherwise I'm kind of bummed I'm still off Penny, but am trying to make the best of it by running. I have one broken rib and one cracked, so, boo on that. Once again my bird-like lady bones have wussed out on me, although I'm not that suprised. It was a pretty spectacular "dismount".

Well, time to go fire up the welder. Have a good weekend peeps.

4 comments:

Linda Thiltgen said...

love your new promos! sorry about the rib. I hope today's a good day!
see you soon
LT

rich said...

So what you need to do with that rib is to put a lot of pepper on your food. Hopefully the excess pepper will make you sneeze. Sneezing totally rocks with banged up ribs! :)

I can't wait to see the stuff at the race tomorrow!

Unknown said...

Linda--
Thanks. Remind you of anywhere??

Rich--
Har har. Yeah, sounds like, "achoo-EFF! achoo-EFF!"
;)

Mary Olson said...

That bike video is unreal! How do people do that kind of stuff? What makes them even think of doing it?

Hope you are healing up okay. Hurtin' ribs no fun especially if you have people around trying to make you laugh (or sneeze).