Hey people. Let's just review some of the get-ups (I mean outfits made of sheer awesomeness and complete pwnation) you've seen me in--- There have been gold pants, furry boots, footy pajamas, my cooler than cool fringe jacket, the kitty hat, my red Penny Chucks, a marching band hat, a fake moustache, a tiara, various Halloween disguises, the fierce shades, welder wear, ruffle shorts (okay- those were only eluded to...), my awesome "rides like a girl" bike helmet...
And now me and sis got these matching Super Gal T's (perfect for gold pants occasions right?)
It got me thinking, my style IZ di effin' bom digi bom di deng di deng digigi dammit !Check out the Teddy bears "Cobrastyle"-- It's Friday people- shake your BUTT!
How awesome would a giant bear head be?! I want to make one over my old bike helmet and wear it to ride around in the woods in. Imagine all the hijinx! I could wear it to Cub and Target too and just act like-- "What?-- I'm a bear dude. Haven't you ever seen one before?-- Jeeze!"
I've been thinking about what to wear at my art deal Sun. Let's face it, if you are not going to bust out your rainbow silk hippy chick sarong at an art thing, when the heck are you? I'm bustin' it. Out.

I may even wind-up with this giant flower in mah har. We'll see.
In other SueNews:Another friend died suddenly yesterday-- Wed actually. He'd had a heart transplant and something got clogged. He went really fast, pretty much in the copter on the way to the hospital. It's weird for everyone left behind, but for him it was sudden, and quick, just like you'd want basically. See ya later Dave.
Feeling very flywheelish lately. Am maintaining, and having fun with sis and the kids etc, but inside me it alternates between a frisky dog pouncing around trying to get some play going, and a spaztic money leaping around on the bars of it's cage. Outside = normal. Inside = overly rowdy, and weirdly-- tired too.
Been taking Penny over to the trail, but riding skeert. It's not as fun as when my confidence was getting way up there before my crash (which is basically what precipitated it). I'm trying to be mellow and no big deal about it, take it slow, but am still getting over it mentally. Sometimes when I'm going down a hill now I'll glance down at the ground and it literally makes me sick. (I have to cut that out immediately.) My ribs still hurt, and my face looks fine, but stuff still feels "loose", kind of messed-up and sore all around my nose and front teeth. I'm getting the feeling back in my right leg. The whole surface has been numb, but not weak. Feels like it has Novocain in it but I can still do everything with it, which is the main thing. It was insane how quick that happened, and how far I flew, and how hard I landed.
But, I'm determined to get back. Last time me and Pam rode I even walked back up a hill where someone annoyingly put giant rocks in the way of my usual line-- an easier ride around of a really rooty, kind of steep hill. Now I'm forced into the "hard" part. (Pissed at being bossed around this way, but, whateves. If everyone else can ride it I'll figure it out too.) I knew I'd continue to be really pissed about this until I figured it out. So I just made myself do it over a couple times until I could ride the whole thing-- at a granny pace, but without putting a foot down. Now that I know I can keep my back wheel on the ground, next time I'll be able to approach it with more confidence.
The tribe is still in town. They come back to my place Sat, big family B'day deal at my place, then Sun is my art thing. Check the art blog for deets on that if you want to come. Wed I take them to the airport and have 3 client appointments to make in Eau Claire, Hudson, and Afton that same day (sheesh!). Starting Thurs I want to get back into riding almost every day. I have to de-wuss and start going over there alone again and get back into my comfort zone where Penny feels really natural.
Probably won't post much until later next week-- too nuts, but keep sending me stuff. I'll be back on my usual Mon, Weird Wed, Fav Music Fri schedule soon. You can almost always find me on Twitter once or twice a day too. You can "@" me.
7 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about Dave. :-((((( That sucks. There's nothing I can say other than it's a process and if you need a shoulder I'm there.
The very idea of riding mountain bikes is crazy, and thusly you are my "Girl Superhero!!!!!!"
:-))
Well your style is definitely debomdigidibom diddi sumthin! Love it! Please wear the giant flower in your hair.
Life just keeps throwing scary stuff at us. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. That really hurts.
Speaking of hurts... you'll recover from that awful accident! Take it slow but do it. I've had some nasty horse incidents and there's a temptation to do a permanent wuss out. Just start slow and work your way up. Just remember that you CAN do it and you will again.
JKB--
Awe shucks. :) Thanks for the shoulder offer. I'm pretty good with stuff like this. It's just bye for now.
Heidi--
That giant flower kind of made me think of you. you could totally rock that look! I think I will!
The wuss-out is not an option for me. I kind of have a thing about it. I'm kind of a chicken in that I def FEEL the fear, but refuse to let it "win". :)
Good luck with the open house art thing.
Love the shirt. Super Gal!
Sorry about your friend.
(sorry I'm so curt. don't have much surfing time available)
Struggling--
Brevity doesn't = curt. :) No worries. Thanks for spending some of your limited time here w/ me.
Sorry about Dave. My friend Deb died yesterday. It was a tough day for me and everyone that knew her.
I love the t-shirt. It would kind of go with my whole Wonder Woman wannabee thing. I think you are doing just fine on the whole getting back on the bike deal. It doesn't seem like patience is your thing but try. It will pay off to go slow and sure and pats on the back for progress, not bonks in the head for what you didn't do. See ya tomorrow.
Whoa. It's been too long since I visited. I didn't even know about the crash.
That sucks. And it really sucks about Dave. How sad!
That super gal T is perfect for you, but the bear head would fill out the look just perfectly. :-)
Well, it would make the rest of us smile anyway.
You're awesome chick! Keep on keepin' on!
Post a Comment