Naturally I won. (I got so carried away I sort of hurt my ribs doing this. See people? All to entertain you. I give and I give...) That thing won't mess with ME again.
Actually, no one with any sense will mess with me this week because it's tin foil beanie time again. That's right-- extra profanity--(which I secretly like), and people everywhere suddenly pissing me off with all their bad driving and idiocy. The first symptom appeared last night when we went to Cub. When we hit the bakery department I leapt to the top of the cookie display like a velociraptor and began frantically reading the nutritional information on all the packages. Then I began sobbing, clutching boxes of cookies in each hand, wailing, "WHY? WHY DO ALL THESE COOKIES HAVE TO BE SO FATTENING?--AND, YOU KNOW, DELICIOUS TOO?"Okay, that only happened in my head, but still. I really wanted to tear into them all like a grizzly bear. In reality, I muttered something anti social about them under my breath and Dan busted out his Sue imitation where he mimics me in a squeaky little girl voice and spreads his fingers apart and widens his eyes. This caused me to flee into the frozen food aisles clutching my ribs yelling , "Stop it! hahahaOW hahahaOW."
The other part of our date was walking along eating wild raspberries on the way to the bridge while I threatened the deerflies with nuclear weapons, "You're lucky I don't have any weapons you effing flies or I would kill you all TO DEATH!" (while waving my arms around and psychotically shaking my head all over) and going to Kohl's where we hit the intimates section and I made Dan look at all the enormous farm lady bras and held up giant horse-sized old lady panties acting like I was going to get them for myself. "These come up to my armpits. I guess that's enough coverage for me."
Our date ended with me making actual food and us renting a movie and him trying, unsuccessfully, to rub my ribs. Neither of us are very psyched about all the orange cones around me right now, but, it is what it is.
The event at the trail Sat was interesting. I'm so amazed at how athletic some people are. Incredible! I wasn't exactly over run with people buying pendants. There weren't any tussles about who saw which one first etc, but it was informative. It's useful to do stuff like that to see what works and what could get better. There's a bigger race in a couple weeks and already I know some stuff I'm going to change up. Pam proved to be trusty, and a really good friend once again by showing up and hanging out with me the whole time, even though it got kind of boring when it was just us sitting there waiting for the racers to come back in. There weren't as many spectators as I thought there'd be.
It was fun talking with people a little more I've met from over there, before and after the race, getting to know them a little more, and meeting some really cool women- spouses and racers. I have a weird personality- as if I need to tell you- where I have a really big mouth in print, and once I get to know them love to give people shit and joke around, but at first I'm shy. So it's good to get past the first couple times meeting people where I feel all awkward.
Wow-- bla bla bla today. I better shut this fascinating post down and get out to the welder. Yesterday I started my new lady for the bridge. It took me five hours to just get a basic framework for the face done, and this morning I looked at her again and need to cut apart the cheekbones and do them over again. I'm already falling in love though. This will be a good one.
Later people. Have a good Monday. Submit disturbia for Wed if you have anything.
5 comments:
Sue Seeger: GATOR WRANGLER!
Sounds like it was quite the date. Is that injury crankiness I'm picking up on? When I broke my collar bone and wrist, I went major psycho-ornery!
Courtney--
I AM. We have photo evidence.
Mary--
No, "tin foil beanie time" = me having psycho bitch flavored pms. It's kind of a public service announcement to not provoke me in any way. ;)
GDay Sue, or Crockadile Seeger and thanks for the announcement. I'm starting to think that Bitch stands for Babes In Temp Control Hell but I get what you mean.
Lynn-
that's CrockadileSueDee to you toots. I'm not there yet- the whole hot flash thing, but it's so good to know my stoopid reproductive system will be the gift that keeps on giving. I still think I should have totally been allowed to opt out. I'm not even using the dumb thing.
Post a Comment