If this doesn't get your butt or something shaking today you are beyond help. Here's Michael Franti and spearhead doing the Remote Control version of "Hey World." Hey World (Remote Control Version)
I like the whole fighty aspect of this. I was feeling scrappy as hell last night. I take this song in a very positive way though. It really reminded me of a talk I had with my folks lately about the circumstances some people find themselves in-- old and alone, maybe in a house that's way too much for them to manage, or overweight and in really poor health at any age. In most cases all you have to do to find yourself there-- is nothing at all.
"You got to bring it for the rest of your life, you got to put up a fight." Grab on people. Don't do nothing. Fight. Bring it. Live!
Yesterday I took the curse off Penny and went over to the trail with trusty Pam. Things went pretty well. Penny still remembers what to do pretty much. I even made it up this set of really steep switchbacks I've never climbed before. Wussed on two descents I had been riding and was pretty pissed about that, but hey-- it was the "back in the saddle" run. A few nerves are to be expected I guess. Next time I'll do it!
Tonight the tribe arrives. I'm really looking forward to hanging with sis and the shorties. Wild antics predicted. Have a great weekend.
4 comments:
Awesome song. Hadn't heard that before. Thanks for sharing.
Yeh! Fightin'! I'm there with you!
My sis is here too (I think I mentioned that). I'm trying to think of something exciting to do with her, like wear matching gold pants but haven't quite come up with anything so awesome yet.
And by the way, stop getting frustrated with yourself. You are no wuss! Do what you enjoy and push a little but only do what you are ready for.
Those glasses may not be Gaga glasses, but they are GAGA fierce.
And so are you.
Struggling-
Thanks.
Mary--
Sis and I are having fun and now have matching "Super Gal" t-shirts!
Courtney--
Thanks you bb. Still in there swinging and aiming at fierce.
Post a Comment