First, another mountain bike race vid from Hillside. This has gotten pretty fun for me. I'm still learning the basics, and haven't even figured the camera all the way out (which already tanked btw and has to be sent off to be fixed. Bad sign.) But, since I'm not riding right now, it's fun to watch other people hit it, plus, I love music, love tromping around in the woods, and editing footage is pretty fun too.
The more I figure out what works and what doesn't, the more creative I'll be able to be with this. It's fun to have another medium to fool around with. I've already got ideas for future projects-- an all girl vid w/b awesome, and one of purely "antics" could be really fun.
One thing I think I need is a cowbell. Some people weird-out if I don't say anything (and I'm usually just trying to not interfere w/ their ride), and others freak if I cheer them, and then they mess up. If I had a bell I could clang it before people get right to me to warn them.
I also need to be less shy about asking people I don't know to pose with their bikes etc. Basically, if you are a rider and reading this, assume I want to shoot you, so find me and say hi. :) And girl riders-- feel free to ham it up if you see me shooting in the woods in any way you feel comfortable.
Anyway, here's footage from the rescheduled Cold Bear Challenge (Skinny) Race. The music is Foo Fighters "All My Life". Kind of repetitive, but I was trying to get everybody in it, and like I said, learning curve... (if you click "watch on youtube" you can full screen it. big file version)
Okay. Way to be patient Weirdos. This is a reader submission from Slagporter Kris. There is a whole website with tons more pics if you're into this. "Manbabies" = mui creepio if you ask me.
In other SueNews:Mah braynes iz mostly un-fried now. Enough to weld at least. Waiting a few days for the novel. That takes more cortex.
Last night me and Pam shot the "Gravity Box" at Woodland Trails. WOOOT us! This is another of those things we said we'd probably never do. The first time we saw it we were like, "How come there isn't a big pile of dead bodies down there?"
But, now that we're ruined by mountain biking, there are no more never's, and the fun just gets scarier and scarier. ~shivers~
Anyway, we did it, it wasn't even that scary. It was pretty fun. After, we were in another section approaching another caution hill and trash talking just for fun. (This is sort of a hobby of ours.) I go, "Oh good-- caution just means FUN to us, because we are that bad-ass now." And right then this guy on skate skis blew by us with a giant smirk on his face. ~Bows~ Yep. I should have known better than to feel all BIG, but, oh well.
It was pretty funny.
2 comments:
You are doing some cool, fun stuff with your video camera. I am so jealous! Can you teach me how to do the editing? I'd like to create a music video out of clips of stuff eventually. But I'm just happy now when I can tape and get the thing loaded onto my computer. I really don't understand iMovie.
I took the day off and am planning on taking Java to Bunker Hills to go around when hopefully, not too many people are there. I think I'm past the age of being daring but I do love skiing again.
Hey Maery--
Sure. I'd be happy to walk you through iMovie. They totally had their heads up their ass on their stupid useless tutorial, and all the edit menus you actually want are hidden. email me when you want to mess with it and we can do it over the phone or something. :)
You're never "too old" to be daring, but daring isn't in everyone's nature and that's fine. :)
Post a Comment