Friday, February 26, 2010

More than words

Hey people. It's the final "Gettin' It On Feb" Fav Music Fri post and it's a doozie.

First up is something a friend sent me. It's pretty funny, but also makes me just shake my head. Be sure to click so you can read this.

Next I have something to be honest I wasn't sure about sharing on here, but it just so damned funny. It is, however, one of the most obscene things I've ever seen, even if it is just line drawings, so be warned-- adult content-- totally NSFW. I'm just going to post the link so there's no accidental views. It's an ad from French t.v. (ah, the French).

Then there is today's music pick. This one has been in the bullpen for a while, and is a gorgeous song. It's so simple-- just guitar and voice. I think it's funny their drummer & bass player are still in the vid, just reading a magazine and hanging out. "Take five dudes." Enjoy "More Than Words" by Extreme.



Been a tough week here in paradise. Was not feelin' the love much AT ALL a few days ago. Hubs kind of lost it and had a very uncharacteristic spaz-out at me in public. He didn't make a huge spectacle of himself, but first of all, it always sucks to get yelled at no matter the circumstance, secondly-- what upset him wasn't really even my fault, and lastly-- I really HATE drama, especially in public. I felt like he'd just stormed out of the double-wide in a stained t-shirt and hurled beer cans at me in front of a bunch of my friends. (and not even friend-friends, acquaintance friends, who probably just thought he always acts like this.)

I felt like total shit.

Anyone who knows hubs at all knows this is completely strange. Is probably having a hard time even imagining this. He is one of the nicest, mellowest guys you'll ever meet. It was pretty freaky, and upsetting. We all have our moments don't we?

After, I was really bummed and thought it would take a long time for me to feel good about us again. But he rallied. He could see how it affected me and we talked and talked until I felt as good as I could about it at the time, which still wasn't stellar. The next day he actually went to the card store (I know. Big.).

It wasn't the card. It was the fact he made a special trip there on his own, and how he wrote a very heartfelt "please forgive me" note in it detailing what went wrong and how bad he felt about it all. Way to pull it out of the dumper hubs. Good save. We still have some more talking to do. That's how it works. That's why it's a real-life 26 year long relationship and not a lifetime movie.

But all in all, we're good.

The reason I'm letting you all rummage around in my private life is partly to let anyone who witnessed the big freak-out know that was a really bizarre incident, not just the way things roll around here, and that everything is now fine. Another reason is to remind everyone relationships are awesome, and sharing your life with someone gives your life dimension and having that connection is irreplaceable-- but it is a lot of work. Worthwhile, but always work.

Ever hear, "You get what you pay for?" You have to be willing to do the hard stuff too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"More Than Words" gets me always. I will never not like that song. Brings me totally back to school dances from high school.

Glad you are doing better Sue.

Paul

Unknown said...

It was never really part of my lexicon, but I like it. It feels like one of those times when something you do creatively just works and is kind of magic. I'm not familiar with the rest of their catalog, but like to imagine that's how this song was for them.

And thanks. :)

Maery Rose said...

There was a post on another blog from a book for women on dating, I'll have to find it again and send you the link. I don't think they intended to be hilarious but it was. Where are the books and advice for men?

I'm at work so no clicking on racy link for me, not now anyway.

Great relationship advice. You guys do know how to get through the conflicts and hurt feelings. Maybe you should write a book on making relationships work. Practical, down-to-earth advice for real people with humor to boot.

Briony said...

That ad is the funniest (and most appropriate) safe sex ad ever!

Glad to hear things are better. I guess relationships are like everything else - sometimes the bad stuff happens to make you appreciate the good.

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Maery-
That's my motto-- "hello general public, learn what ever you can from my stupid life." :)

Briony-
I know-- that ad = super funny. I felt kind of "american" being all embarrassed about it, but, heh heh, I am. ;D