Hey people. It's Valentine's weekend in case you have been under a rock or anything. Single or about-to-be, bitter, unhappy, gal-pal-peeps, I feel you guys, but this one's for the true believers, so you might as well tune out now. See ya next week.
For anyone sticking around-- I have some really cool songs for you today. I have to admit I think I posted this one last year, but I just can't help myself. I love me some Dave Grohl. This vid is so powerful I think, because of the denial of gratification-- the desire is so strong but they're both being held back by the glass. The frustration even gets violent. I'd be going NUTS. RAWR. ~shatters glass with awesome smashing side kick~ ~then totally makes out with Dave~
(If you push the button with the 4 arrows pointing out it will expand and you can get rid of the ad. Push esc to get it back to the blog.)
This next one is from one of my very favorite groups-- The Black Keys. This is a fan vid with some cool graphics. The song is "So he won't break," and I love it. I'd actually love to make a video of slo-mo mountain bike crashes to it someday, but in terms of a gettin'-it-on song, I think there will always be something incredibly seductive to women about the idea of being THE ONE who hits the nerve in a guy. Plus, the song just has that rolling, dirty rhythm that is perfect for making-out to.
Got into an interesting convo with Dan the other night. I can be a lot of work sometimes. I like a bit of attention (in case you hadn't guessed), kind of demand it actually. Sometimes I ask him for reassurance too. Sometimes I feel invincible, sometimes like a total train wreck. I can be hyper one day, and really bummed the next. I'm always concerned about how he's perceiving me. I feel a certain pressure to be "worth the trouble." I want him to feel "lucky" to have me, but that means I have to be pretty awesome right?
This plays out with me trying to make sure he likes coming home to me, trying to be fun, trying to look as good as I can, trying to make him feel good about himself, to anticipate his wants, trying to remain hot on some level-- lots of things. I want to add to his life.
I asked him if he ever thinks this way-- worrying how I see him.
Um... He's a guy-- so-- shocker! No.
He pretty much goes about his business and doesn't really think about how I am feeling about him. If I'm not pissed, he assumes everything is great. (If he detects any level of mysterious "pissedness" a whole other type of guy calculus begins to take place involving avoidance/deflection ratios etc, but that is a whole other post.)
It's so weird how different we are (men and women). I envy the way they take things at face value, and their confidence. (The very things I find so attractive in them -- hmmm.) (There's lots more, but their self-esteem already seems pretty up there, so I'll leave it at that.)
I've often wondered if it comes from how in Jr. High/High School, if you're a guy-- your face is your face and your hair is your hair. "Good luck to 'ya." But if you're a girl you're taught how to "fix" everything that's wrong with you with make-up and hair products and devices. And you are made well aware there is A TON wrong with you, and it goes way beyond just looks.
Wow- this got a little off track didn't it? I guess it's just funny how each sex seems to think the other is holding all the cards. Guys have the power of selection, girls of rejection. (This is what we each think anyway.) What a double-edged sword.
As usual I love hearing what you all think. Comment it up.
Play some good music while you make-out this weekend if at all possible. Have fun! (If it's not fun pick up a manual or something because you're def doing it wrong.)
Fire nipples
2 days ago
4 comments:
This is one of my favorite posts. Mainly because you described how I feel in a paragraph. Impressive.
Thanks Sam. I was worried there would be crickets like-- "Man that sue, what a head case!" Guess a few of us are in that boat huh? :)
You maybe worry too much but I think it's good that you think about your relationship and keeping it interesting and healthy and you two talk. What a concept... And it's true that women tend to blame themselves when things go wrong and try to fix themselves all the time, while men seem to look outside themselves for the cause of the problem and think others should change. Something in between would be good. Hope you have a blastin' Valentine's Day!
Maery--
Yeah, it kind of sound like I sit around all day going, "Gee, I hope I'm good enough for him," and that's def not it at all. I guess I just think about all the nutballiness he puts up with, and the whole creative thing, and my needing to do whatever I want whenever I want, and just want to make sure it's a good deal for him too.
He read this and was going to make saying "Way to be worth it" a "thing," but I shut it down. ;)
Post a Comment