Hey people. Two Feb fav Music Fri's left for Gettin' It ON Feb. Today I did have this just plain gorgeous love song picked out, a couple actually, but I am just not feeling sentimental today. A little more of a "someone got me wet and fed me after midnight" vibe in Sue Land, so you get something a little different.
This first one is a shout-out to all my roughed-up gal pals. When love takes a dump on you, all you can do is drag yourself up off the mat, process a bit, and rock being you, even it's a brand new version of you. Enjoy "Fighter" by Christina Aguilera. She might be pop, but still has the most amazing pipes ever.
Keep fighting the good fight-- to be awesome and rule your world, benevolently. (But kick ass when you abs have to.) Be the king of you. ~fist pump~
This next one is just plain fun. I went through a phase where I was super into Big Band music, and used to really wish I lived back then-- in WWII. It seemed like such an exciting era. Now I'm quite happy to be here-- now, but they did have some cool tunes back in the day.
I love how she plays with that here, and dirties it up a little in a playful way too. Playfulness is about my favorite quality in people, assuming they've got the honorable, general coolness nailed down. Here's "Candyman", also by Christina.
In other SueNews:
Very psyched about another mountain bike race this weekend. It's the last one of the winter, and the biggest, and there are lots of extracurricular activities and hijinx planned so I should be high for a couple days off it anyway.
My camera came back all fixed from the warranty repair center. People are def more motivated to help you out when you're super nice to them.
I tried riding the trail this week-- ~fail~. It was pretty hilarious actually. What spurred me on was running into this sort of imaginary nemesis over there one day. I took my bike (Penny) over to ride through this little zippy race course they made in the back parking lot, but was mainly going over to hike around and go sliding.
So I'm riding around with giant snowboots on, and my big mittens, and a saucer sled strapped to my back, when this lost dog showed up. I invited it to join my tribe. (I'm real good with the doggy peeps. I used to want to be a trainer.) After getting over her initial, ruff-bristling fear, she did, and then hung out with me while I rode up and down looking for her owner, or at least someone with a cell (she had tags).
Who shows up, but this guy who was in the Halloween race with me last year. We sort of plagued each other. There was one section where people kept getting backed up, and he wanted me to move out of the way, but there was nowhere to pull off, and five or six people right in front of me blocking me. When I could finally let him past, he was in MY way because he couldn't ride up the hills. So without meaning to, and it not being anyone's fault, we were sort of frustrating each other.
Since he was over there riding on the day of the lost dog (owner found, dog returned safely home btw), it made me feel I needed to de-wuss and get on it and try winter riding again.
Like I said-- ~fail~.
First Penny tried to eat the pants right off my leg, which was a drag because they got a big rip in them, and it was frustrating because I couldn't climb hills hardly AT ALL. In summer when it gets tough I just stand up and hammer, plus I'm carrying more speed into the climb-- but on snow you can't. Your butt needs to stay on the seat to keep weight on the back tire. When I lost forward momentum my tire would start to spin out. That wrecks the trail, so I'd have to get off and walk.
Pushing your bike through the snow is def not as fun as riding. The worst news of all, is that so far arch nemesis is winning you guys! I know! (can not abide) I'm going to have to figure this out. Or just settle for totally owning him this summer.
If only you got points for trash talking. I'd be the effing KING then. ~struts~
Friday, February 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
OWN HIM SUE.
Side note...the first week I moved into my apartment (first time all grown up and out on my own) I got yelled at by my landlord for having "Fighter" too loud.
Funny memory.
Sam-
Ha! In my mind I totally WILL!
Thanks Sue! That song is perfect! I'm feeling attitude comin' on. As for the biking, have you gotten any tips? There must be either a method to it or different tires? It seems like winter bikers actually have different bikes for different snow conditions. Sounds like a fun weekend is a comin'!
There are different bikes, which I'm told start at around $1200. Not going to happen. :) You can get by on a regular bike once in a while, if trail conditions permit. I'll never be able to go at it very consistently though w/o a "fat tire bike".
CAN NOT ABIDE...WILL DOMINATE...you tell'em Sue!!!!
Great effing tunes Sue!
Sue-
I could, uhh.. you know... make your problem go away... Let's just say your nemesis might "have an accident" (you have to say it all with a heavy New Jersey accent)
;)
Ha ha ha! Seriously though, you'll get there. You can't ride the Bull at your first rodeo! Well maybe you could. :D
Lynn-
Thanks! Glad you liked the tunes. :)
Rich-
Don't go all crazy now! (pulls the hit off FCM) (my super secret nicname for arch nemesis)
Maybe I need a pretend rival (who I'm sure has no idea it is effin' ON now dude!) to juice me into trying harder. Hmm. Where does the psychoness end???
Post a Comment