Monday, February 22, 2010

And that, People, Is How To Drift...

Hey people. Here's a Video of one of the side events from a mountain bike race I checked-out yesterday at the trail. There was other cool hijinx going on too, that of course my camera battery died just in time for.

This is called the "Ice Burn-Out Competition". I was really surprised more people didn't step up, but oh well. Rich and Verlon kept us entertained for a while anyway. Verlon (red shorts) was ruled the *winnah*.



I have tons more pics and footage and am working on a longer more comprehensive video but it will take a few more days. I'll put it up when I get it done.

In other SueNews:

I now have 7 weeks until my next show. I finally checked the calendar-- Hmm, those things come in handy when planning stuff don't they? I've got ideas. That's a start. I just need to get my butt out there and weld.

Mostly I feel like writing right now because my WIP (work in progress) has taken a major u-turn. I had a neat little YA thriller all mapped-out-- I'd done and re-done my outline, and re-wrote the first 10k words 4 different times before starting totally from scratch.

I think the thing is-- I've never been into puzzles. You dump out all these pieces, and you already know they're all part of it-- they all fit some way and it will all make sense-- and you already know the picture on the box, so know what it's supposed to look like. Your success is virtually a lock right?

That is just way less interesting to me that wandering into some secluded, overgrown shed full of weird old crap and just digging around and seeing what happens.

So bottom line-- I'm letting the story just run out now (with a few very rough outline notes) and hoping by the end I'll have something publishable. So far it feels really mint. You never know-- maybe this will be the one. Maybe I've finally learned enough from the other 4 or so under the bed.

Kind of glad after the April 10th show my calendar is pretty clear except for a few commissions. I should be able to write a lot.

Hell of a Weird Wed discussion tuning-up. See ya then.

3 comments:

Maery Rose said...

Cool video. I'm mainly impressed that you were able to add music, yet retain the original sound. Didn't know you could do that. I'm glad you are still writerly energized. I wish I was.

Heidi the Hick said...

Oh yeah, the secluded overgrown shed full of crap is my favourite way to go!!!

I really hope you can write and weld in sort of the same time, because you've got some good stuff brewing!

Unknown said...

Maery-
Yeah, there's lots of tricks to iMovie, but they seem to want to hide a lot of them. I'll help you with it sometime.

Heidi-
I'm going to try. Today turned into a writing only day-- bad sue, bad.