Hey people. Only thing weird around here this week is me. Just not feeling it much. This episode of Weird Wed is a bit of a phoner- but it entertained me for a few minutes so maybe you'll get a kick out of it. It is actually pretty amazing.
In other SueNews:
Writing has ground to a screeching halt for no real good reason. I need to get back on it. It's just a discipline thing-- which usually isn't my issue but symptomatic of my present "off-ness."
Lot's of welding has been going on which is a good thing because I have a show in about 6 weeks. 7 I guess. About. The weldy mojo never really abandons me totally. Auto pilot mode.
Very mood-swingy this week. Short bursts of fun, broken up by bouts of inertia and feeling disconnected. Seems to be going around from what I hear. Am telling myself things will improve next week when I'm going to start running again, and writing every day.
See what I did there? Now if I don't follow through I'll begin the cycle of broken promises and berating myself. I've been there enough times to know it's way better to just do whatever it is I've committed to doing. Time to get back on track.
Where are you guys now? Everyone's bootstraps pulled up or what?
Fire nipples
2 days ago
12 comments:
Me too! Sick, lethargic, not motivated at all! I KNOW it's cuz I haven't been running. ALL of it! PLUS snow. ERGH. Need to do the all over wet-dog-shake and GET OVER IT and get on with it!
Yeah, I'm not doing so great on the writing-discipline front either. I'm reverting back to my nightly write or die sessions. Nothing like high stakes to get my ass in gear. :)
Wow. That guy has some moves!
And I hear ya on the lethargy. Snowpocalypse 2 is getting me down. All I want to do is curl up with a cup of tea and a warm book, and not not look out the window until spring.
Tink-
Yeah, getting that "zone time" helps me write too.
Sunna-
That's where it eats what you've written if you don't make your word count goal by the time the timer goes off right? I'm too chicken to try it so far. You must have nerves of steel girl!
Linda--
That used to be me- years ago- but living where i do you have to make a choice to keep living even though it's winter. If you don't you spend 8 months being pretty depressed.
I am in the same boat Sue, started boot camp months ago and the last week haven't bothered to show up. Tonight I have to get my butt there. Eating has been off and so has sleeping. I say, this winter crap has to stop!
pffff me too.
It's getting to be That Time Of Year, that which I hate. Plus life's been a little upside down lately which has shaken up my unsteady routine, so yeah, kinda off.
It's not forever. Remember that ok?
Kim-
Those bootcamp programs are so tough. I don't know anyone who's stuck one out for more than a month or two, so good for you, but don't beat yourself up. Unless working-out is fun, I bail. I actually like winter now that i x-ski. These phases happen any time of year for me. But that's all they are.
Heidi-
Too true. It's just a slump. Wait for the cloud to pass and keep your life going in the meantime. :)
yep...I just get to the point that my feet and ankles are warmed up enough to run, (and I worked it up to 2 miles in 30mn...this after 3 years of building back up after total knee callapse and resulting arthitis in my knee and ankles AND feet)now tonight I notice my knee is threatening to pop...I can't seem to win here.
Sheesh! ~hangs self~
Didn't mean to unleash this flood of bummage. Clearly Mon a "how to snap out of it" post is in order. Sorry peeps!
Sue, you'd totally own that program. You shoudl give it a shot! It really is a hell of a motivator. (and it has gentler settings than Kamikaze mode, which I probably use more often than eat-my-words craziness.) :)
Excellent song choices, btw! I hadn't seen that Foo Fighters video (the hazards of not having TV) -- damn.
I don't know, me, I'm feeling better actually. I utterly love the snow. I love skiing. We've had a number of sunny, bright days. And the days are getting longer. No lovin on Valentines' day is a bit of a bummer but it will pass.
Post a Comment