On Sat. our neighbor's daughter and her husband threw a party down in the woods along the river. They are the same couple who got married down there. Their family knows a lot of musicians, so it kind of became a concert. This was the main act we caught called "Mister". Man they were good. Check out more of their stuff here, on iTunes under "singer/songwriter- Mister", and here. (You can click pics to enlarge)
Then my neighbor took the stage (drums) (I know, cool right?) with an old buddy of his who is a kick ASS blues guy (I only know him as Kevin, and he doesn't have any recordings of himself-- yet). Kevin has been playing a long time and told my hubs he used to live "the life"- being super poor and just playing music, but is now mostly retired. Man they were awesome.
It was such an amazing night. Earlier, before everything fired-up I was all edgy-- excited because it sounded fun, but having my flywheel deal where I just knew things wouldn't get as nutty as I thought I wanted them to.Then later they kind of did. Some people did get pretty trashed and there were a bit of antics. But it wasn't all exciting and fun. It actually really pissed me off and made me uncomfortable. It didn't go with the vibe of the party at all, and just seemed sad and out of place. It was a good wake-up call for me. I DON'T miss those days, and don't want to go back. I need to remember that and know the pent-up feeling I get at times needs to be released in other ways-- healthy ones.
Check out this vid someone sent me. This guy is amazing! I so wish I could move like this- Spiderman meets Baryshnikov meets Bruce Lee.
When I go running in the woods, the person inside me who's made of pure energy is doing all kinds of stuff like that- flipping over logs and flying through tree branches, leaping off rock ledges. In real-life I've performed the occasional ninja-like move darting out of the path of a speeding mountain bike, but for the most part have to be satisfied with jogging peacefully along.
The whole unscratchable itch thing I get, I recognize it's an echo, a symptom. But it's real too. It's existential to me now. It's part of me and I can't decide if it's good or bad. Maybe it's neither in and of itself. I suppose as long as I allow it to drive me to find positive ways to vent off the excess energy it's a good thing. :)
For today I'm going to radiate pure good vibes. If you run into me drink up!
10 comments:
First of all, the party in the woods sounds awesome. Even better that there was good music.
I guess we all would like to be able to go live "the wild days" for just a little bit, but I'm like you and probably would come running back to "these days".
The real Spiderman DOES exist. Is this guy a stuntman? To have such strength and control over your body is so empowering. Thanks for always bringing us just what we need as far as thoughts, videos, humor, etc. You ROCK!
Yes, I loved the party photos...looked like a lot of fun!
No, I do not miss my even somewhat wilder days...and I now love that I can say, "no thanks" and just be considered a foggy...seriously, love it! The whole drunky vibe has zero appeal to me now...there is too much life to be lived.
I do get that way though...like I'm doing 100mpr on the inside of my skin, and yes, lots of exercise does help! Great post!
Struggling--
It was amazing! The wild days were, well, wild, but yeah, now is better in lots of ways.
Kim--
I think he's trying to be. I don't know what his deal is, but yeah-- COOL. Thanks!
Lynn--
Exercise is a great way to "let it out." I hope not to be mistaken for a fogey any time soon, but it is good to be reminded there are socially acceptable ways of getting your wild on, that don't weird everyone out.
The party in the woods sounds awesome. Sorry it didn't really end up like you wanted, though.
(hug)
:-((
JKB--
The only way it would have would have been if some ghosty stuff happened, and there were five more bands, one of them with Jack White in it, and another with Dave Grohl, and then the cops would have come and chased us all around the woods, but then said, "We're just kidding!" and gotten into a giant squirt gun fight with us, and then we all rode ziplines back and forth across the river. And there would be lots of chocolate and cheese pizza, and somehow costumes.... Yeah, that just NEVER happens.
Oh! I love the pics!!
The scene in the woods and the music sounded fun, but I'm with you, I don't like major drunkenness. Been around it too much. No like. I love your description of what you think would have made it more exciting. I can totally see cops with squirt guns.
And the whole itch thing, sounds like you have some healthy outlets for it. My horses and walking help but sometimes, I just want to pack whatever I can into my car and just go and never look back. Not practical, but tempting.
I seriously want to party like that, or maybe it's I want to party seriously...
No really, if you ever throw that party in real life I want in! I'll bring ponies ok! You bring Jack White!
I know. It's never as much fun in real life. Damn good thing we have brains.
Fun scary brains.
We all got our blessings and curses, right?
I was gonna say something else and forgot.
OH I know- someday I want to throw a big concert and call it ...
HICK STOCK!
We'll dance we'll schmooze we'll carry on whaddaya say????
Courtney--
:) Thanks.
Mary--
I've thought about that too, but I like my real life too much. The road def has that renegade allure though.
Heidi--
Ponies would def make it more fun! Funny you mentioned it-- "the kids" were calling this party "Briggs-stock" (their last name).
Post a Comment