Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Err... Just happy to be here?

Hey people. Ahh... Excursions to Buffalo with my buddy Linda-- the disturbing gift that keeps on giving!

This crime against nature was actually a lamp. That's right- someone made this. On purpose. The shells are bad enough, but then they added a frolicking deer and whatever the heck that other pink thing is. Wow.

I call this next series my "Just happy to be here" collection. Her- happy! Him- not so much.

Him- kind of stoked about the home cooked meals and access to nineteenth century booty headed his way, but knowing enough to not show it and blow the deal. He's thinking, "Oh yeah, I'll be getting it regular now." She's thinking, "Well, I'm certainly not going to enjoy this."

Even in her childhood portrait little Irma thought, "So far my life really blows. My life is going to SUCK I bet. Mrphh..."

Decades later- "Yep, i was right-- It totally sucked."

This is probably just me, but this weirded me out. I can't imagine looking at it day after day.

It prompted me to create this diorama of The Cowgirl Of The Damned with her husband Jesus and their two kids. I know, probably going to hell now. (Okay- I don't really think that's a thing, so probably not. Am secretly looking forward to running into all kinds of pious people in the afterlife and going, "Yep-- that's right, I'm here too. Suck on THAT."

This just defies words. He was disturbingly jiggly-- just like most real life nekkid people. He was sort of leaping across this "billboard" when we found him, just like this. Just noticed he's wearing gloves. Hmm... And shoes. Perhaps he shares my phobia of my actual skin touching gross things of the outside world. The thought of going barefoot horrifies me even more than this doll.

OMG-- just realized he kind of has Michael Phelps' body!

I didn't know the Campbell's Soup Girl and Big Boy were dating! Cute couple!

By the time we left pretty much everything we laid eyes on looked weird.
Let's just leave it at that.

In other SueNews:

The Minneapolis Urban Assault Ride is ON! This involves a 20-30 mile bike ride, broken up by adult slip-n-slides and other competitive wack-job activities. Trusty Pam, sometimes known as Lefty Redhead, will be my partner in crime as usual. Find out more HERE if you think you're up for it. They encourage spectators so you could just go check out parts of it. Could be a fun day.

Mountain biking is going great. I still feel the ribs but am pretty much back. I'm taking a lot of downhills sans breaks again, and it feels fun instead of death defying. Also, since I kept working on my technical skills during my whole giant chicken phase, I'm a little better at climbing and navigating gnarly stuff. Now I want to work on getting faster. There is still lots of stuff that is just out of my reach technically, like going down really big rocky embankments and jumps and stuff, but I'm happy with my progress for someone my age who just started riding last spring.

Art stuff is NUTS right now. My first ever solo show opens early Oct, and I have another big show the next month. In the meantime I'm scrambling to get stuff ready to bring to the north shore and Stockholm WI. I'll be working full throttle for a while now-- but managing to find playtime too.

Stay weird, keep sending me weird wed stuff and fav music fri stuff-- I save it. :)

5 comments:

Kim said...

I'll see you around the fire, I'll be the one roasting marshmallows in hell!

Anonymous said...

I think that naked dude is Stretch Armstrong. What have you done with Stretch Armstrong. He could take Michael Phelps with one hand wrapped behind his back.

I would've bought that Big Boy doll in a second.

Great weird Wednesday post.

JKB said...

LOLOL

The best sentence? "SUCK IT" to the goody two shoes

LOL!!

linda thiltgen said...

As usual, your hilarity has not disappointed. All the disturbia in the world would be NOTHING without your commentary. thanks for the laughs!

Unknown said...

Kim-
I've heard they're coated with cinnamon and cayenne there, and dipped in chocolate, and calorie free...

Struggling--
That's weird. I remember him being more buff. Perhaps eleven year old me was more easily impressed? Phelps would probably slap him in the face with one of his giant flipper feet a-la karate kick. Thwack!

JKB-
I know. I love to bust out a "suck it" now and then. :)

Linda-
The outings would be NO FUN without weirdo you to accompany me. :)