Hey people. So not fair. The package said "light" right on it. So it was chocolate ice cream (this said "ice dream" before I caught the typo-- not kidding.) with swirls of peanut butter-- it could be made of mostly air-- who knows?? Okay- I pretty much did, and I snarfed it anyway. There was basically a whole week of debauchery including m&m's and deep dish pizza and now I'm FAT you guys! (sobs)
That's right. Look away. (jiggles her blubber at you) Heed my warning. That ice cream that Target sells is NOT light.
Oh well. Time to get back on track. Running and riding and keeping my face out of the treat bag. Booooo. (This makes me very pouty.) It's easier for me to solve problems proactively-- DO something. If it was just "work out more" or whatever, no problem. I'll be a total animal, but stuff like this is hard. "No, you have to NOT do something (eat delicious treats), day after day thanklessly, and after, like, a month-- you might begin to see some results."
"UGH." (drops dead) Being over forty sucks at times. You have the metabolism of someone being cryogenically preserved.
Oh well. Not a real big problem as far as world affairs go.
In other SueNews:
I have been OBSESSED with THIS IDEA all weekend. (The Minneapolis Urban Assault Ride-- it's like a big weird bikey scavenger hunt/ obstacle course/ race/ party.) I super want to do it but want to find a band of nutballs to do it with me. I was all set to try to talk a bunch of you into trying it. You have to be able to bike 20 to 30 miles over the course of the race. Check out the link if it sounds like something you might want to try BUT-- when I looked further into the deets on their site I see the entry fee is $94 per team of 2 people! That's pretty dang steep. I thought it was like $30. BOOOO. They should have a cheaper "keep your swag and t-shirt" option.
I was so all set to do this too. This reminds me of when I was all excited to go to the Weezer concert and their crappy concert T-shirts were $45. $45 for a not very nice T-shirt! Out-fricking-ragious. I threatened to just go buy a regular old fruit of the loom T-shirt and write "Weezer" on it with a sharpie in protest, but I never did. (Seriously Weezer-- like you guys aren't rich enough.)
Now, just right this second, I had another idea about the Urban Assault ride. Spectators are encouraged to ride the course and cheer people on. Maybe it would be fun to just check it out?
Grrr-- I was totally into trying to get some big nutty costume-y extravaganza going-- get everyone to dork-out their bikes and wear weird hats or something.
The mountain bike park where I ride should do something weird like this. Have a big team thing where you stop and have water balloon fights or something, and wear costumes of course, and run around... Can you tell I'm in one of my "nothing is fun enough" moods?
I could probably still be talked into the Urban Assault if anyone else wants to do it...
EDIT TO ADD;
Looks like Trusty Pam & I will be going for it. Now to come up with a team name, outfits... Oh yeah, and a strategy of course. Stay tuned!
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I went to a Weezer concert at the turn of the century (it was probably around 2000 or so, I just wanted to way turn of the century). Anyhow, I got a t-shirt but I think it was only $20. I would never have paid $40.
"I threatened to just go buy a regular old fruit of the loom T-shirt and write "Weezer" on it with a sharpie" - you should've done this. That would be cool!
You should do the bike thing. I wish I could do adventures like this. All I get to do is play ice hockey. Speaking of which, I'm feeling a little chubby around the tummy myself and hockey season starts soon! I'm so not in shape.
If you need a partner who is out of shape, over weight (big time) and can have a heart attack while you rush through the finish line and take home the trophy - I'm your gal!
From looking at your photo I am one trillion tubs of ice cream ahead of you. Luckily it is all hanging "behind" me so I don't have to see! I just realized I need a sport or is Facebook the new power walk?
Lynn-
All I can say is "slippery slope." Got to back this truck up right NOW. I know-- the UAR sounds super fun!
Struggling--
Ooo. Hockey-- I'm so jealous. I once played boot hockey with some guys but instantly got a puck in the nose. That ended my boot hockey career. That was back in the late twentieth century. :)
Kim--
Start training! In all seriousness if you are not active this would probably not be your thing. 20-30 miles at a somewhat competitive clip is pretty challenging. Too bad because the weirdness aspect of it would suit you. ;)
I still think this would be really fun if anyone out there is actually up for it. It's teams of 2, but we could stay in a blob of 2's.
You think your metabolism is bad now, just wait for the 50s! Ouch!
You just know that I'd be in for the race. Could be huge fun and maybe we could WIN!!!!!
Annon--
I refuse to go along quietly. My goal- stay in good enough shape to have my kind of fun AND be able to have treats-- a FEW treats.
TPam--
Oh I KNOW you'd be up for it. Dan would be on my team though... Maybe your road bike buddy from the club? Do you know any other nutballs besides me???
I like riding something that I don't have to pedal, just feed. Now that I think about it, there is the manure factor too. Hmmm... might have to rethink this.
p.s. Divorce will drop about 20 lbs off you but I wouldn't recommend it and you don't need it (the weight loss I mean).
LOLOLOL!!!
You are crazy and I <3 it!!!
Did you see the info about financial aid for the Urban Assault Ride....?
We'd love for you to join us!
http://www.urbanassaultride.com/inside.php?page=participate&s=1
UAR Crew--
Wow, way to be all over those google alerts fellas (or gals). Thanks! I will be doing the ride. I decided it will be worth it. :)
A little nervous about navigating the city, but since that's kind of the point (making the commutable case) I'm guessing it's pretty user friendly.
AAAAHHHHHH!!! That Chocolate and Peanut Butter Light ice cream at Target isn't light!?! Dang, I ate a whole box in one sitting the other day! Oh well, back on the bike... Good thing I'm racing in the 24 hour mountain bike race this weekend. That'll burn a few thousand calories.
See at the Starting Line Sue! >:] I'll be entering with my hippie snowboarder buddy...
Mary-
Yes, if you want to gain any of that back I now know a delicious way to do that...
JKB-
<3's you back hon.
Rich--
OMG! 24 hours of riding?! How's that work? You = (x_x)
Cool on the UAR. See you there!
Post a Comment