(Go to her site and buy some stuff. She's indie. Cool T-shirts, good music.)

She also totally killed it on a recent episode of "Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me." Seriously, go HERE to listen-- she was freakin' hilarious... (Ironically, she also fronts for a band called "The New Pornographers". Ironic? You ask? Why yes, read on.)
Here she is singing a haunting beautiful tune "Maybe Sparrow", which isn't really a fav of mine (not rockin' enough), but her voice is gorgeous, and this art vid (fan vid) was so cool I just had to feature it.
This guy, turns out, is sort of a video blogger. If you go to his you tube page you can find more art vids, but also a bunch of movie reviews and other weirdness. For some reason this one , titled "I love porn" made me laugh my butt off. He has really good comic timing, and I love when people reveal that no matter how we try to gussy them up with a bunch of book learnin', make them use cutlery and walk upright and everything, they're still just regular old animalistic people underneath.
For those of you who think this is horrible, maybe it is, but whatever. I still think it's funny. I used to actually expect boyfriends/hubs to be like, "Naked girls who aren't you? Who I'm not in lurve with?-- YUCK! Gross! Get them away from me!" I don't really want porn in my house (& it isn't, as far as I know) or around me, but it no longer threatens me, to diminish me as a person or whatever.
Meh. Did not mean for that to get all serious. Never mind. Woo porn! (just kidding).
7 comments:
Great song. I need to listen to more Neko Case apparently. Right up my alley.
I ain't gonna be drawn into the porn discussion. No way. :)
Struggling--
Smart boy. ;)
I liked the video blogger guy's "orphan" face ;D
Katie--
OMG-- Orphan face made me LOL! This guys is really funny. I get sort of a Canadian vibe from him... something about his upper lip... anyway-- hilarity.
This was HYSTERICAL. LOLOL!!! I love the porn thing. Hysterical.
ROFL
JKB--
I know. Good lord, we can't take everything so dang serious all the time. Laughing is GOOD for you people!
I LOVE Neko Case. Maybe Sparrow is my absolute favourite song of hers.
Post a Comment