Hey people. Wow. It has been A WEEK around here. I've been vacillating wildly between "I suck, and am totally ineffectual and irrelevant," and, "I am awesome. The only thing more awesome than me is my gigantic submerged iceberg of potential awesomeness."
Basically, yeah, tinfoil beanie time. What has managed to pull me out of several nosedives this week though, as usual, has been the right tune at the right time. That and getting to ride my bike really fast a couple times-- On pavement, but still pretty fun, especially with the obnoxious silver and purple wind-spinner I taped to my handlebars. WEE!
Enjoy this awesome scene from one of the best movies ever-- Ferris Bueller's Day Off. (Sis- we are totally renting this next time I come down.) You WILL be in a better mood after this, especially if desk-dancing is involved. Guaranteed.
In Other SueNews:
The river has risen a bit since last weekend, but nothing critical.
This is the hanging-out, having beers deck. Our house is still on dry land.
The grasses are getting quite a hair-wash. Looks cool.
A few of you have said Tina looks like me. I'm not so sure, but thanks.
If anyone's been wondering, Tootie and Mike's red hot romance is still ON.
But, she has been busted flirting with Ray when Mike's not around. The slut.
Oh- Also, Dan and I determined I sometimes laugh like Scooby Doo.
Here's hoping you find a little window of fun and/or jamming out today.
6
comments:
Kim Smith
said...
Thanks for making me smile today! Great music, video and photos - you have it all!
Nothing gets me having a better day at work than getting the perfect tune stuck in my head. I only have a 5 minute drive to work so I don't have a lot of time to listen to music, but every now and then just the right song will come up on the iPod. Then, game on. It's a guarantee to have a good day for at least 4 hours! :)
Buzzkill that they do not allow music at work though.
Linda- My sister made me go to that movie with her when it first came out and I thought it would be totally stupid. Sometimes low expectations work in your favor! (and thanks for the compliment. :) )
Rich- I'd die w/o my iPod- okay not really, but OMG-- I'm addicted to it!!! Funny- this wasn't even one of those songs, that got me in a better mood. I just got all nostalgic about the movie.
I'm surprised- main cog that you are, that they don't just bend to your will. Maybe you should be more demanding. ;) (Don't feel too bad, my boss is an ass too.)
Maery- If anyone saw me dancing in the street they'd fr sure think I was having a seizure. I'm all over the biking though-- PSYCHED!
A slaghammer is that thing pictured above, so "in yer face" Urban Dictionary, and Britts...
This is me...
I write novels, weld artwork, ride bikes (mtb & "dork"), do a bunch of other random outsidey stuff, and smart off whenever possible. You can email me at pseudosu@yahoo.com
6 comments:
Thanks for making me smile today! Great music, video and photos - you have it all!
Ferris Bueller. *sigh* I love that move, and that's my favorite scene in it.
And you do look like Tina. Or rather, Tina looks like you. This is complimentary to both of you. :)
Nothing gets me having a better day at work than getting the perfect tune stuck in my head. I only have a 5 minute drive to work so I don't have a lot of time to listen to music, but every now and then just the right song will come up on the iPod. Then, game on. It's a guarantee to have a good day for at least 4 hours! :)
Buzzkill that they do not allow music at work though.
Right Tunes = Very Good
The cold spell is a bit of a bummer but much biking is coming soon. And dancing in the street if that's your thing too.
Kim-
Happy to have provided a smile. :)
Linda-
My sister made me go to that movie with her when it first came out and I thought it would be totally stupid. Sometimes low expectations work in your favor! (and thanks for the compliment. :) )
Rich-
I'd die w/o my iPod- okay not really, but OMG-- I'm addicted to it!!! Funny- this wasn't even one of those songs, that got me in a better mood. I just got all nostalgic about the movie.
I'm surprised- main cog that you are, that they don't just bend to your will. Maybe you should be more demanding. ;) (Don't feel too bad, my boss is an ass too.)
Maery-
If anyone saw me dancing in the street they'd fr sure think I was having a seizure. I'm all over the biking though-- PSYCHED!
Dude,
You are TOTALLY, FANTASTICALLY, PERFECTLY AWESOME. YOU RULE. YOU ARE MY HERO.
Do not sink into the sludge of thinking yourself bad! YOU ARE NOT. YOU ROCK.
I HEART YOU BIG TIME.
And I used a looot of capitals in this comment. LOL!
Post a Comment