Hey people. Stuff like this makes me very happy. It's what I call "primo rust."
Work (visual art) is going really well right now. The other day someone asked me if I'm ready for my next show (in 2 weeks!) and I laughed and was like, "No- Of course not!"I always tell myself I'm going to pace myself and plan ahead so I won't be panicking at the last minute, but no matter when I start preparing, it's always the same-- working like a maniac right up to the last second. All my artist friends are exactly the same way.
Last week, I heard the best explanation to date for that. I wish I could remember where I saw or heard this, but the theory was-- artists thrive under pressure, because when you hit panic mode, you stop thinking. This allows the creative part of your brain to take over. I've always wished I had all my great last minute ideas earlier on. Now I know why I don't get them until those last weeks before a deadline I guess.
In other SueNews:
Somehow my efforts to lose 10 pounds by spring have failed miserably. I've GAINED 5 despite making the delicious cookies I made around the holidays go live in the woods where I'd have to go running to get at them.
The last time this happened (gaining 5 pounds), by the following week I'd lost 8, so, fingers crossed. Ugh! My ass fat confounds me people! You know that study that came out last week that said women over 40 have to work-out for an hour a day just to maintain? I completely believe it. That's how I am anyway. I think I'm going to try to squeeze in lunchtime runs for a while. I mean, spring is basically HERE, and I now have 15 pounds to lose!
~panics!~ ~Stops thinking!~ ~Goes out to make more art!~
4 comments:
"artists thrive under pressure, because when you hit panic mode, you stop thinking. This allows the creative part of your brain to take over." - That could very well be.
Don't sweat the weight gain. I bet it's from all the extra muscle you've added on all your exercise exploits :)
That is an excellent statement, and I think you've hit the DOT on when the creative can take over.
I would add that the creative cannot take over when you are a tired zombie mama. The end.
I can't wait to see pics of the new art show stuff! Heading over now!
So that explains it... I know I do best when I'm working under pressure. I can completely focus then.
I'm with struggling writer, I always go with the fact that muscle is heavier than fat so I'm sure I'm just toning and buffing up.
Struggling/Maery--
Sad to report it is not buff muscle. Was horrified today to discover some disgusting flappy "growth" on my triceps. Eeek! So not ready for short sleeves, shorts, bareness of any kind!
Post a Comment