This coat just grossed me out. I suppose it is rabbit, but there's orange in there too. God knows how many adorable animals were slaughtered for this, and I HOPE none were cats, but, there's really no telling. Blech. Why people don't gross out over fur is very strange to me. It's SKIN people.
You can knock off, string theorists and dark matter researchers-- apparently all the answers have already been published. I'm sure home-schoolers will be quick to point out the "satanic" red and black coloring, and devil's insignia on the cover-- or is that suppose to be an atom?
The dolls are kind of all blurring together lately, but this one looked especially boozy. Maybe it's that milkaholic Lindsey from the E-trade talking baby commercials.
This book was so creepy you guys. It showed me though, why my mom's generation has always seemed so paranoid about everyone examining you and judging you. I almost bought it because it had so much in it-- how you're supposed to sit, talk, walk-- how your hair is supposed to look. It was basically a Stepford fembot owner's manual. Back in the day, I imagine the fact that this information was bound in an actual book gave it the weight of authority. Creeeeeepeeee.
I've been working away in the shop again. For those of you who think my life is 90% screwing off-- here's further proof that even when I appear to be doing nothing productive at all, I'm really working: (just go with it) My little sundress episode? I've decided I really want to make a series of sundress sculptures-- of gals playing.You know, playing? Playfulness? My favorite quality? I'm liking it. It's a way of expressing my unicorn status too. Last night I went out with a friend and we talked about comfort zones etc and decided my ultimate zone is basically "off the market tomboy." Playing around doing outsidey stuff, joking around, being a smart-ass, etc-- basically playing with boys, as long as there is no sexual tension involved. The total little kid/ brother-sister vibe of goofing around.
Anyway, that fun of playing would be cool to try to bottle-- portray in sculptures. Here's a start.
I'm going to post more about making faces over on the art blog, probably tomorrow if anyone's interested.

4 comments:
Great work Sue! Can't wait to see the rest of her!
Thanks Lynn! I decided to turn her into a summer sun girl. Sundress playing girl will have to wait. Not enough time before the show.
I like it! Very good work.
I'm not big on fur, but I do wear leather and eat burgers. I try not to think about that, though.
Struggling--
OMG-- I have a leather sofa! I should just make myself a cat coat and get it over with! Yuck.
Post a Comment