EDIT TO ADD: Hubs informs me we actually have 2 (!) kidding pools, so can therefore have pillow pit of awesomeness RACES! Check back here before heading out Sat, in case of cancellation due to nad-numbingly freezing cold. I'll post if it's ON or off, here, and on twitter and FB. :) Cheers!
Hey people. My posts will be a little off kilter until after the new year-- kind of a whatever whenever thing.
For anyone who thought I was kidding about going sliding-- IT IS ON. In case you forgot how fun sliding is-- check it out--
See? I'm still alive!
The sliding event of the century is happenin' next Sat-- Jan 2nd @ 2:00. (Post hangover recovery time) (About the time fresh air will be sounding really good) at Lion's Park in Elk River. (It's across from the high school, on the uber imaginatively named "school street". Not even kidding. That's what they named it.)
Just show up and look for the kitty hat and hopefully a bunch of rowdy adults, or, you know, just rowdy me with Dan good-naturedly putting up with me. :D
Also, we will be debuting the most awesome sled ever-- a kiddie pool full of pillows, for a group slide. It may only survive one run, so don't miss it.
Fire nipples
2 days ago
7 comments:
I think Kristin and I may try to make it. I just need to make sure the bike trail is ready for the race on Sunday, then we can show!
Now we'll need a sled...
Rich-
Awesome! I'd get some fast. Last year everywhere ran out and didn't reorder. Of course there is the pillow pit option...
"a kiddie pool full of pillows"...oh my god, what a brilliant idea. I wish we had snow.
That doesn't look too bad. I was thinking the hills like at Columbia Park where there were jumps and trees to miss and heart attack potential trying to climb back up again. One of my aunts slid into a tree at that park and was never the same after that...
Have fun!!
I wish the sledding hill bumps didn't give me headaches. :( I haven't enjoyed sledding since I was, like, 11yrs old.
Also, I'd suggest Menards for sleds. They had a bunch last time I was there!
Sunna-
I know! Can't wait to translate it to summer and have the inflatable kiddie pool be a barge of iniquity in the floatilla!
Maery--
I think this hill is perfect for the average joe/jill slider-- no trees, not so long that is makes it look like too much work to climb back up, and steep enough to give you a fast, abeit short, ride.
Brianne--
Maybe you're cured now-- how do you know??? ;D
Rats! Not able to attend after all. We missed Xmas with the Fargo folks so are headed there on Friday. We have saucers now though so don't be surprised to get a call to sled another time. Have fun!!!
Post a Comment