I went to Cub yesterday to do a little shopping and when checking out, was asked by two cute little local high school football players if I would allow them to pack my groceries. (You know how they do that to raise money? That kind of thing. They weren't just randomly chivalrous.)
So I said yes, and handed them my cloth bags that I always carry with me. As I paid for my food, I noticed them casting furtive glances my way and giggling. Thinking way more of myself than I should, I assumed they were commenting on my overall Courtney-Cox-Cougar-Hotness, as I did look exceptionally fine if I do say so myself. I gave them a big smile and said "thanks boys" in my very best Mae West voice, tossed a few bucks into their contribution bucket and sashayed out.
Got home and while unpacking my groceries, discovered at the bottom of my bag a random pair of CLEAN white cotton, Hanes, granny-panties left behind from my last overnight trip to [my daughter's] house in which I'd used the bag to transport my clothing.
I blushed like an Amish girl at a Ron Jeremy film festival. Holy mother of God! There is ALWAYS a price to pay when thinking highly of myself. Now I've gone and corrupted those poor, innocent young boys!!!
Thanks for the laugh Anon!
Thanks for the laugh Anon!
6 comments:
OMFG!!! That is unbelievably funny!
HAHAHA!!! Oh tell us who that was?
Beth--
I know. Sounds like something that would happen to me.
Lynn--
Sorry, sworn to secrecy!
Holy Crap!
That made me laugh pretty hard. I had no idea where that was going until the "cat" was out of the bag. Damn. That's funny stuff right there. I don't care who you are, that's funny!
I can't imagine what that must have been like when you realized what really went down...
OOPS- I just noticed that it wasn't you're story, still just as funny, but you don't have to think that I thought it happened to you :)
Rich-
Ha! No, I'd totally claim it if it were me!
(And I'm sure the underwear would have been way more embarrassing, like the ones I accidentally showed off to all the old people at the church on voting day.)
Post a Comment