And ProRacerSam actually MADE her own diorama. There's a story behind it;"Jeff and I decided to do an homage to his parents for Easter in the form of peep dioramas. Jeff's father, Doug, is a sufferer of celiac - so he makes these gluten free peanut butter cookies that are to die for. In fact, whenever I'm there, I eat the whole lot of them, even though they are supposedly for him. We all call them Doug Cookies. So my scene for the Easter diorama is entitled PEEP COOKIES. It's Doug and Marlene in peep form making Doug cookies in the kitchen of their Wisconsin peep home."

Wow- She got out the paints and EVERYTHING. You win Sam!
In other SueNews:
Still cranking on the artwork. I'm going to have to begin pricing in a day or two-- my least favorite part. I still have tons of ideas I won't be able to complete by Fri, but that's okay because demand is high right now, so I still need some gallery work too.
On the writing front-- major major disconnect. Actually on several fronts there is a pretty giant shift occurring. I feel like a lot of things are drifting away from me. Energy has gone out of some things. It's hard to explain, but if feels like the universe has walked up to my chalkboard, covered with the equations that run my life and picked up a giant eraser and just begun wiping it all off.
Okay-- not all (everything with Dan, and health, and family-- the basics are all fine), but major portions. When stuff like this happens it feels like I have no control over it. It's not exactly pleasant, but it is interesting. I can only assume there is some room being made for other stuff that's on it's way to me. Already my focus is shifting. I'll have to pay attention. The universe is usually pretty good at going, "No dummy, over here... LOOK," but I have to have my antenna up.
I'm even looking at this blog and questioning it's validity. I'm considering changes in content, frequency, if it's even worth continuing, basically nothing is off the table at this point. Any thoughts?
8 comments:
Do you think it's only because of the show looming that your visual art is pulling you away from your writing? Or is it deeper than that?
I wouldn't do anything drastic about the blog until after the show. See how you feel about it all after the deadline has been lifted from your shoulders. :)
Do not, I repeat, DO NOT discontinue the blog. If for no other selfish reason, it makes my day whenever it arrives in the old inbox. (Which is reason enough to contiue it right there!) I know what you mean though. Sometimes it feels like someone is sitting on the Fast Forward button of my life and I'm being propelled forward, arms pinwheeling while "they" are completely oblivious to the fact that their big fat butt is sending me careening into the vast unknown. "Hey you! Get your ass off the remote control!" And at some point, they will with an "Oh. THAT's what that was." (Have I carried this metaphor too far? Sorry.) Anywho...it's good to have the attitude of adventure rather than terror and fear. I'm right there with you buddy!
Please don't stop blogging. Sometimes your words are the only thing that makes me crack a smile or cheer me up. You are one of my favorite people, and I will pray and send good vibes that you find peace and realization in the love that we all have for you!
Linda-
I'm not sure, it feels deeper. There is a non-fiction project related to visual art I'm pretty excited about, but the fiction has just deflated for now.
Tink, Sam-
Thanks guys. It makes me feel good to hear that you get something out of all my narcissistic ramblings. Seriously, this began as a way to create an "internet presence" related to my writing, but it has become a way for me to connect with the world. Sometimes it feels kind of dumb, or pointless, or like it's just all going into a void. If it makes anyone smile or has any positive impact at all it's worth it to me I guess.
All your comments made my lunch btw.
I love your blog Sue, but I SO understand wanting change. I keep thinking that if I'm doing this to get more writing work, then just do that. So, I'm in the midst of change myself...I may get a web-site instead.
Sue, you are my guru! I need this blog! Or we just need to hang out more. I love your humor and so often can relate to your view of the world. But I'm having the same thoughts about blogging. Follower numbers are not sky rocketing. Comments are few. I feel like what I write falls into a big void of nothingness and I had the same reasons as you for starting. But the few strong, constant connections I've made somehow make it worth it. I'd hate to lose that. But I am cutting back on the frequency to once or twice a week. And I'm going through the same regroup of what is staying in my life and what is going. It's actually a pretty exciting situation to be in. Is the video interest something that's staying?
Maybe your blog just needs a teeny tiny make-over? And, if I may suggest, it'd be awesome if I could read the whole thing in my RSS reader, rather than just a sample of the first couple of sentences.
Post a Comment